Blackboard Site Orientation Problem

In CRV, there is something called “site orientation problem”:

“There are times when the viewer will find him/herself misoriented at a site. That is, the viewer winds up at the site leaning over to one side, upside down, lying on the side, or even more bizarre, an inch or a thousand feet tall. The viewer, not realizing that something is wrong, will totally accept this orientation and begin describing the site from the new viewpoint.”

On my blackboard, many visuals have this property. On occasion i have a sense that i am looking at target feature from above or below, from the side vs. in front. However, i am not sure what is the best way to handle site orientation issues.

Options:

a) do nothing. sketch the shapes as they appear irrespective of their proper orientation.

b) rotate. during sketching rotate the imagery while drawing so they appear in the proper alignment (i.e. horizontal instead of vertical, in front vs. above)

Any thoughts on the site orientation problem including whether its a problem at all are welcome.

Thank you

Reply From: Debra To: Risto 2016-03-13

Hi Risto,

Regarding target site orientation:

First, collect your information as you perceive it. In learning the protocols you will be doing things in the same way over and over again during the collection process and that is what we want to establish.

When you get feedback, if there is an orientation problem, recognize it so that with practice you will self-correct.

It is the analysts job to ultimately realize any site orientation aspects and make the necessary adjustments for the final report.

Hope this helps!

Aloha,

Debra

Reply From: Debra To: Risto 2016-03-13

Hi Risto,

Regarding target site orientation:

First, collect your information as you perceive it. In learning the protocols you will be doing things in the same way over and over again during the collection process and that is what we want to establish.

When you get feedback, if there is an orientation problem, recognize it so that with practice you will self-correct.

It is the analysts job to ultimately realize any site orientation aspects and make the necessary adjustments for the final report.

Hope this helps!

Aloha,

Debra

Reply From: Risto To: Debra 2016-03-14

Alrighty, thank you!

Scroll to Top