Can Psi perception be Learned? / Phantom Limb awareness with Ingo Swann

Can Psi perception be Learned? / Phantom Limb awareness with Ingo Swann

In this interesting piece by Rupert Sheldrake Phd. possible Psi perception by Ingo Swann and another percipient appears "Learned". A man who has lost his leg and who insists that his Phantom Limb has some reality, tries to kick Ingo from behind while he is not looking. Ingo "feels" it, but not until some 150+ trials – at which point he nails it way, way beyond chance.

www.sheldrake.org/experiments/phantom/

This is provoking. Could Psi perception be learned after a very large number of trails? Joe McMonagle says that it is not a learned skill and what you got is what you got. Then again, he says that it was not until he did 3 sessions per day for 2 years that he really got the hang of it.

In this article it says that over many years at SRI, the learning effect was well known.

at Hrvg, I’ve been told that it has taken some students many, many sessions before they got good data. It is my opinion that Psi perception can be learned.

What is the experience of others? Does practice improve R.V. results?

On another tack, the "Phantom Limb" reality has implications for "Healing Touch". If there is some kind of energy or perception "field" that the body does have – could it be influenced by others? Could it survive death? Could it be projected and percieve it’s surroundings? The Dali Lama says such a body does exist and that it can be projected and it can see and hear.

Oops 133 trails before Ingo gets a "Kick" out of it…and beginners luck.

Reply From: Chris To: Chris 2005-09-25

Oops correction. 133 trails by Ingo before learning…Sorry. Should we bank on 100+ "practice" R.V. sessions before we can get serious about the Data?

Any studies to cite that track the learning effect? In Radins work he finds over a giant number of studies taken over 100 years, there is "beginners luck" and then a falling off. Then, a building back up again.

How about the experience of Glenn or others. How many sessions before results really show up?

Re: Oops 133 trails before Ingo gets a "Kick" out of it…and beginners luck.

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Chris 2005-09-25

This entire website and all the sessions, projects, demonstrations, and predictions posted here prove that this can be taught, and has been taught, and has been learned.

My own record of development is documented here. I could take only published sessions to prove this, beginning with my early work on the Standing Stones (a stone circle) target, progressing to somewhat more complex targets, and then on to incredible data on complex and difficult targets. The evidence of a student’s ability to move from basic and low level target awareness to very complex realization of the target is all preserved in the history of this site.

Remote viewing is real.

It can be trained.

The method Glenn has taught us is most excellent.

Aloha,

Dick

Re: Can Psi perception be Learned? / Phantom Limb awareness with Ingo Swann

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Chris 2005-09-25

Aloha,

Really a very interesting topic, that being whether or not Psi function or related skills can be learned or made better with practice. I think that logic must prevail in our understanding of these issues, which there is little or no empirical evidence to support, or refute for that matter. When we think of ourselves we know that we have been learning since birth. There is virtually no activity that is non-autonomic that we have encountered where we did not need some period of adjustment and learning before we became competent or expert. Whether a function, job, task, or skill we always learn and reapply ourselves. There is no reason to believe that mental function or mentality is any different. We see that while we may be young at heart we mature in our mind and no longer think like children. This maturing is an ever-increasing foundation of knowledge upon knowledge tempered by our ability to increasingly rationalize our position within the environment. We would not expect a small child to always act prudently because there is so much that they have yet to learn.

In the realm of Remote Viewing I was taught and really had to learn what to do, how to think, and believe it or not mimicry was also an important part. I needed to see it happen, to capture the moment, the time, to take it into my own mind and understand what I thought was happening. The biggest impediment to the process is and has always been belief and process. Is it real and how do I do it? I remember the feel of the first few times when my data was less than sterling and I learned the feel of data fabrication. I learned not to think like that when conducting RV related activities. So I had to learn how to think when Remote Viewing. I had to recognize what type of thought was conducive to RV and what type of thought was not. It was a tooling of mind for the task and that is the way of it for most if not all. To this day I ask peers and students alike the same question I was always asked, "Is your Mind Right?"

There is an important issue that resides within the civilian RV community that has been the cause of a breakdown in the bell curve of RV growth. That is a gradual loss of any "Discipline" and a resistance to adherence to a method accompanied by a steady ingress of just about all things UFO or Alien. With acceptance of less than qualified practices into the RV arena we find that the dataset presentable for any review or analysis is so contaminated we see our community in a great decline. Virtually all forums are now great repositories for UFO this and that while discussion directly related to the practice and applications of RV are becoming very scarce. It is my position that too many won’t "Learn" but opt for the easy trundled path. To Remote View you must learn how. To say it cannot be learned is contrary to the way of how the human approaches problems. Remote Viewing is technically a form of problem solving and even if we equate it to tiddly winks or mathematics we know that there is both a mentality and skill set involved. The mind must trained to focus within a great environment of noise to connect with and collect data about.

It is my opinion that Remote Viewing is learned, can be taught, and if there is any degree of discipline it does and will get better.

Aloha Glenn

Reply From: daz To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-26

Hi guys,

just following your thread.
Im not sure you can blame any breakdown in rv growth on ufo and alien influenced Rv sessions after all RV is a tool, and one which is ideally placed to look at some of lifes mysteries.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying willy nilly trageting of aliens and ufos, but ther are legitimate ufo cases that have more than enough evidence from multiple information streams like: witness testimony, images, ground traces etc to be of a use feedback wise. okay there will be some data that cnat be fed back on – but this would be the same with lots of valid targets.

If the targeting, cueing and the feedback in enough I dont see any problems with ufos as targets. A proper ufo session could have just as much value as the Mary Celeste mystery session on your website.

Im curious into what breakdown you see – I havent seen this?

all the best…

Daz

Aloha,

Really a very interesting topic, that being whether or not Psi function or related skills can be learned or made better with practice. I think that logic must prevail in our understanding of these issues, which there is little or no empirical evidence to support, or refute for that matter. When we think of ourselves we know that we have been learning since birth. There is virtually no activity that is non-autonomic that we have encountered where we did not need some period of adjustment and learning before we became competent or expert. Whether a function, job, task, or skill we always learn and reapply ourselves. There is no reason to believe that mental function or mentality is any different. We see that while we may be young at heart we mature in our mind and no longer think like children. This maturing is an ever-increasing foundation of knowledge upon knowledge tempered by our ability to increasingly rationalize our position within the environment. We would not expect a small child to always act prudently because there is so much that they have yet to learn.

In the realm of Remote Viewing I was taught and really had to learn what to do, how to think, and believe it or not mimicry was also an important part. I needed to see it happen, to capture the moment, the time, to take it into my own mind and understand what I thought was happening. The biggest impediment to the process is and has always been belief and process. Is it real and how do I do it? I remember the feel of the first few times when my data was less than sterling and I learned the feel of data fabrication. I learned not to think like that when conducting RV related activities. So I had to learn how to think when Remote Viewing. I had to recognize what type of thought was conducive to RV and what type of thought was not. It was a tooling of mind for the task and that is the way of it for most if not all. To this day I ask peers and students alike the same question I was always asked, "Is your Mind Right?"

There is an important issue that resides within the civilian RV community that has been the cause of a breakdown in the bell curve of RV growth. That is a gradual loss of any "Discipline" and a resistance to adherence to a method accompanied by a steady ingress of just about all things UFO or Alien. With acceptance of less than qualified practices into the RV arena we find that the dataset presentable for any review or analysis is so contaminated we see our community in a great decline. Virtually all forums are now great repositories for UFO this and that while discussion directly related to the practice and applications of RV are becoming very scarce. It is my position that too many won’t "Learn" but opt for the easy trundled path. To Remote View you must learn how. To say it cannot be learned is contrary to the way of how the human approaches problems. Remote Viewing is technically a form of problem solving and even if we equate it to tiddly winks or mathematics we know that there is both a mentality and skill set involved. The mind must trained to focus within a great environment of noise to connect with and collect data about.

It is my opinion that Remote Viewing is learned, can be taught, and if there is any degree of discipline it does and will get better.

Aloha Glenn

Reply From: Dick To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-26

Glenn wrote:

With acceptance of less than qualified practices into the RV arena we find that the dataset presentable for any review or analysis is so contaminated we see our community in a great decline. Virtually all forums are now great repositories for UFO this and that while discussion directly related to the practice and applications of RV are becoming very scarce.

And it’s not just UFO crowd, it is also those who claim they can teach remote healing in a few short workshops, along with remote influencing. And then there are the "etheric warriors" who claim they can identify and thwart tyrannical acts against humanity.

Makes you embarrassed to part of the field of remote viewing.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: daz 2005-09-26

Aloha Daz,

Good questioning! I have to prep for a class tonight but later in the eve I will make some time to reply. Sorry for the delay.

Glenn

Mystery Targets – those with no feedback ready, Can you still R.V. them?

Reply From: Chris To: daz 2005-09-26

Can we view with some confidence targets with no feedback ready? Early SRI results say yes. Does this kind of work require more talent? More practice?

Joe McMonagle says that one of his theories is that R.V. data come from his own Mind – but in the future. However, this does not account for "No Feedback" targets. What is really going on here?

An R.V. expert no less than Joe McMonagle has published in one of his books a UFO session. It details how he was tasked with a target that contained a surface ship but his attention was suddenly drawn into the sky and he "saw" a disk that was moving at thousands of miles per hour and making a 90 degree turn. It was rotating and used some kind of Plasma energy as propulsion.

It’s interesting to note that in the early days at SRI it’s been written up, that they have found that "no feedback" targets still got hits.

Hella Hammond the female photographer who was an early test subject was tasked in these cases, as well as others. She had a proven track record, and still got true information, even when she was not provided feedback. She was not the only one to demonstrate this.

Since it has been shown, that R.V. has use in such cases, it is worth a little time to look at "Mystery" targets. Further, I submit this link to readers:

disclosureproject.org/

It is a group set up by an Emergency Room Doctor, Dr. Greer in the U.S.

"a nonprofit research project working to fully disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy and propulsion systems. We have over 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret. "

Some of these folks are in a position to know. Just sick about the cover up. A person no less than the the head of the C.I.A. has met with Dr. Greer, the founder of this project.

It’s also within the bounds of the study of R.V. history to note that Joe McMonagle has published extensive transcripts about his sessions on Mars in which he found intelligent life.

Further, one of the true experts of the formal Govt. funded study of Remote Perception is a Cop and former Police chief from Burbank California. Pat Price. He insisted that Aliens are real, and in fact that an Alien base existed in the U.S. under a well known Mountain. He was one of the original test subjects at SRI. His information was so accurate that he was able to get file names from a secret site on the East Coast and created an investigation by security people at the highest level into what was going on at SRI.

The work of Mr. Pat Price is is right on the IRVA site, and his truly fantastic drawings are widely used by respected experts in the R.V. field, including Dr. Hal Putoff PhD. – the program’s Founder and first Director (1972 – 1985)

Here is the link to the IRVA site and an example of the work of Pat Price written by Dr. Putoff himself:

www.irva.org/papers/CIA_RV_SRI.html

I realize that the "giggle factor" with respect to UFO and Alien life is very strong, and the connection with R.V. has been not good at times – and the purpose of HRVG is to show the world that R.V. is real and is useful.

However, due to strong testimony of some of the people in the "Discosure Project" and the exceptional track record of the R.V. "witness" like Pat Price and Joe McMonagle – I’m am forced to quote a very famous Italian who spoke under his breath when called on the carpet by the Pope himself to say that the earth was the center of the world: "Yes, but the earth still revolves around the sun".

Re: Mystery Targets – those with no feedback ready, Can you still R.V. them?

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Chris 2005-09-26

Of course you can remote view targets with no feedback. We have done that. Glenn has target work in his files that are God Knows What- I have submitted data myself and have no idea what the target was.

I have tasked sessions and have work in my own files submitted by viewers in the guild for which they have received no feedback.

We have done esoteric and UFO targets. (Rarely)

But here is the difference. We demand an audit trail of good work on validation targets. Viewers must prove their skill on mundane, down-to-earth, known targets over and over again.

Too many etheric warriors get a few hours instruction and then venture off into the unverifiable with no proof they have the ability and the grounding to actually produce meaningful work on any type of target. If you don’t believe this simply ask for some published sessions, some work done under blind/double blind protocol.

And then there is the elephant in the room that nobody in the RV community- no one from Stargate to the etheric warriors will acknowledge. None of them has ever taught or demonstrated or used any method of analysis to make sense of any of any of their work- from validation to esoteric.

Aloha,

Dick

Re: Mystery Targets – those with no feedback ready, Can you still R.V. them?

Reply From: daz To: Dick Allgire 2005-09-27

Dick, I totally agree with this.

If a viewers accuracy and data is to be belived they have to have a track record of good session data on other verifiable targets over time.

daz

Of course you can remote view targets with no feedback. We have done that. Glenn has target work in his files that are God Knows What- I have submitted data myself and have no idea what the target was.

I have tasked sessions and have work in my own files submitted by viewers in the guild for which they have received no feedback.

We have done esoteric and UFO targets. (Rarely)

But here is the difference. We demand an audit trail of good work on validation targets. Viewers must prove their skill on mundane, down-to-earth, known targets over and over again.

Too many etheric warriors get a few hours instruction and then venture off into the unverifiable with no proof they have the ability and the grounding to actually produce meaningful work on any type of target. If you don’t believe this simply ask for some published sessions, some work done under blind/double blind protocol.

And then there is the elephant in the room that nobody in the RV community- no one from Stargate to the etheric warriors will acknowledge. None of them has ever taught or demonstrated or used any method of analysis to make sense of any of any of their work- from validation to esoteric.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: daz To: Dick 2005-09-27

Lol!

I cant help but agree with these comments also – there are alot of nutters out there!
It doesnt help that there isnt an accredited system for Rv training and certification across the board! – this would help sort the wheat from the chaff – but this would mean teachers and methods communicating and this will not happen.

daz

Glenn wrote:

And it’s not just UFO crowd, it is also those who claim they can teach remote healing in a few short workshops, along with remote influencing. And then there are the "etheric warriors" who claim they can identify and thwart tyrannical acts against humanity.

Makes you embarrassed to part of the field of remote viewing.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: lyn To: daz 2005-09-27

My experience in this field over the years
tells me there can never nor should there be an accreditation of something that has yet to be fully accepted by science.

Ed May’s recent comments about the CRV methodolgy

and much worse its performance relating to the
Stargate Program has effectively sealed the fate
of the ingo CRV methodology in the eyes of many.

The absoulute lack of mass CRV published data

also does not bode well for the future of RV
if further claims from eminent scientists
continue.

Whether May’s comments are due to an extreme bias towards ingo’s ET claims and the now notorious activities of Ingo’s favoured son, Major Ed Dames, he was very dammning in his view about CRV.

On a more serious note

where are all the CRV Students? what have they acomplished with their training ? where is this field
heading to in the coming years ?

The real danger facing Remote Viewing is its failure to

keep living in the past and not move on with the times
or imporve on where the early RVing pioneers left of.

We can hardly blame the new agers and ufologists

for the decline and non existent raw data that would help strengthen CRVs cause and until this is addressed
with immediate effect, CRV will be dead and buried
as well as any other method that does not stand
up to peer review or convince the scientists
and ultimately the general public at large.

HRVG for what its worth have at least published

something and should be commended for that.
Other sources such as TKR are also providing
a steady and growing outlet for the non trained
Remote Viewers….but where are the CRVers ????

Lyn

Lol! I cant help but agree with these comments also – there are alot of nutters out there! It doesnt help that there isnt an accredited system for Rv training and certification across the board! – this would help sort the wheat from the chaff – but this would mean teachers and methods communicating and this will not happen.

daz

Reply From: daz To: lyn 2005-09-27

Lyn, well I dont agree, but then I wouldnt as a CRV student.

I personally have published many sessions both on my website (www.remoteviewed.com) and on TKR. I have a good accuracy rate with CRV and have nailed the target in the fabled ‘eight martini’ sessions many times some of these online – some of these not.

Not only this I have also published online a document that helps decifer the Military training manual – and this is getting a few hundred downloads a week and great feedback.

But I wll agre on the fact that I do seem to stand alone as a CRV’er – its a lonely world.

But lets be honest – there isnt a ‘MASS’ of data from any of the methodologies or trainers. Also on my site are a good few CRV session byt the Stargate guys you can download.

In my opinion, just because ED may says its so does not mean its so! He wasnt scathing of just CRV but of everything training method – especially whereby a client paid alot of money for training.

My experience in this field over the years tells me there can never nor should there be an accreditation of something that has yet to be fully accepted by science.

Ed May’s recent comments about the CRV methodolgy and much worse its performance relating to the Stargate Program has effectively sealed the fate of the ingo CRV methodology in the eyes of many.

The absoulute lack of mass CRV published data also does not bode well for the future of RV if further claims from eminent scientists continue.

Whether May’s comments are due to an extreme bias towards ingo’s ET claims and the now notorious activities of Ingo’s favoured son, Major Ed Dames, he was very dammning in his view about CRV.

On a more serious note where are all the CRV Students? what have they acomplished with their training ? where is this field heading to in the coming years ?

The real danger facing Remote Viewing is its failure to keep living in the past and not move on with the times or imporve on where the early RVing pioneers left of.

We can hardly blame the new agers and ufologists for the decline and non existent raw data that would help strengthen CRVs cause and until this is addressed with immediate effect, CRV will be dead and buried as well as any other method that does not stand up to peer review or convince the scientists and ultimately the general public at large.

HRVG for what its worth have at least published something and should be commended for that. Other sources such as TKR are also providing a steady and growing outlet for the non trained Remote Viewers….but where are the CRVers ????

Lyn

CRV, Hrvg, formal testing

Reply From: Chris To: lyn 2005-09-27

In the Quest for greater use, acceptance of R.V. in society, it seems to me we need University, Grant funded research. That is the Gold Standard that is used in all Scientific fields.

Yes it’s "Hard" to set up such programs. But its doable. Folks in other accepted fields do lots of it.

I’ve opened a channel to the Templeton Foundation and am in contact with the President, and son of the founder, Dr. Jhon Templeton, a physician, within the last month. I sent him some R.V. sessions and some history which he has now read. I’m asking them for Grant money – they award millions every year: Templeton.org

This is not the only foundation we can try to work with, it’s just one of them.

IONS has been successful in getting research dollars and publishing. They have a multi million dollar yearly budget. (founded by NASA astronaut Ed Mitchell) They have a full time, serious staff of science experts with a research mission that includes "extended human abilities".

This is the home of Dr. Dean Radin and other very experienced professional research people who have worked for major Universities, Gov. programs etc.

www.ions.org/research/capacities.cfm

Working with IONS is a good idea. For example, using test subjects that are trained in R.V. methods to generate data on Psi perception VS. controls.

In fact, Dr. Radin has published research that shows that self described formal training in R.V. is one of the most significant factors in on line Psi test success.

But: just how successful can these "trained" people be? What are the numbers? How successful really is "training". Which methods show most success?

These seem to be appropriate questions to answer in an extention of existing formal research already published by IONS.

If Hrvg methods or CRV or TRV really does work well, how will they do in a controlled lab setting, double blind, using cameras, isolation chambers, that IONS already has?

IONS also does studies into human bio issues. How well do R.V. methods do in diagnosis of sickness, tumors and other physical problems? What are the numbers on this? Can it be taken seriously enough to be used as a tool in a hospital? There have been "distant healing" Scientific studies, but what about using R.V. trained people as a diagnostic tool? After all x ray techs, other sensor and diagnostic technologies all require training, why not R.V.?

Without formal, funded studies, these questions will never be answered to the point of putting R.V. to it’s full use in Society.

I’ve suggested that R.V. be a subject of serious study in a University setting or respected private lab setting, and that it has practical applictions for the benefit of humankind.

The response has been helpful, though will require set up work on the part of the R.V. community.

The President of the Templeton foundation has explained to me that formal Grant submissions should be more or less in the same format as those submitted to the National Institute of Health.

I’ve opened the door to a large source of funds, I’d like to have the e mail of anyone out there that reads this board who has Grant writing experience and would like to support R.V.

Also: the R.V. world looks set to loose a very, very important source of cred. and research due to lack of funding: The PEAR lab. This Princeton University lab has been a wonderful source of cutting edge research, but is underfunded to the point of shutting down shortly. I’ve been working with them over the course of the last year to try and get additional funds.

There are serious funds that can build up publication, research and raise the standards of R.V. and Psi studies – but such funds need formal normal Grant Applications. I don’t have experience writing such docs. Please let me know of anyone who has such writing experience and I’ll help the process of funding.

Another way to do this is to raise a small amount of money, say 1000 dollars and I can hire a friend of mine who has extensive grant writing experience and success in raising hundreds of thousands of dollars. I can get him to work on it for a fee.

If people are truly serious about this, you must let me know. I can’t carry the whole game of funding at this level alone – I just don’t have this type of professional Grant experience. I’m willing and able to take the ball downfield, but I can’t score alone.

"Being industrious decreases poverty, despair increases it"

Ben Franklin

My experience in this field over the years tells me there can never nor should there be an accreditation of something that has yet to be fully accepted by science.

Ed May’s recent comments about the CRV methodolgy and much worse its performance relating to the Stargate Program has effectively sealed the fate of the ingo CRV methodology in the eyes of many.

The absoulute lack of mass CRV published data also does not bode well for the future of RV if further claims from eminent scientists continue.

On a more serious note where are all the CRV Students? what have they acomplished with their training ? where is this field heading to in the coming years ?

The real danger facing Remote Viewing is its failure to keep living in the past and not move on with the times or imporve on where the early RVing pioneers left of.

We can hardly blame the new agers and ufologists for the decline and non existent raw data that would help strengthen CRVs cause and until this is addressed with immediate effect, CRV will be dead and buried as well as any other method that does not stand up to peer review or convince the scientists and ultimately the general public at large.

HRVG for what its worth have at least published something and should be commended for that. Other sources such as TKR are also providing a steady and growing outlet for the non trained Remote Viewers….but where are the CRVers ????

Lyn

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: daz 2005-09-28

Aloha Daz,

I must disagree. The ingress into the RV community of the UFO subculture is a stigma that will be very difficult to excise. Too much of the serious exploration and discussion of Remote Viewing is polluted with the inane constant submission of UFO this and that. It derails any build up of productive discussions leading to possible solutions or applications. Their presence in certain forums silences those who seriously have questions and would like to see an idea run its course through the response and inputs of many minds. With the UFO participants, who are the majority on some forums, doorways open up that allow for all sorts of conspiracies to be explored and drag discussions further away from the topic of remote viewing.

Most forums are dependent upon these persons as participants and contributors where web traffic and the number of postings are more important than the issues or the quality of discussions. The definition of what is Remote Viewing has been blurred now to the point that it has all been made synonymous with all things Psychic. This is the main reason HRVG does not support the TenThousandsRoads website and forums. While there is a Psychic element that many may believe is present there are also those that believe that Remote Viewing is a process of inner communication and that at some point Science will uncover the quantum associations that actually link during the process exposing how in a natural way with can observe that which is distant or shielded from us. TKR’s overall theme is towards the psychic and not the Science. This gives support to all that want to say "Oh I have been Remote Viewing for years". Next to the UFO ingress the "Just be your Psychic Self" ingress is secondary threat to RV education, application, and ultimate credibility. The psychic enabled person is a different breed of communicator than the remote viewer. In issues of frontloading the psychic needs anchors to apply themselves but the viewer, trains himself or herself to work clean and blind in a proforma method to provide data suitable for analysis. Not relying on any sense of the psychic they apply themselves within a methodical thought process to extract data from a trained skilled mind. Not any more or less skilled than the Psychic but certainly a different approach of mental function. TKR has promoted for a long time the fuzziness of the line between the Psychic and the Remote Viewer.

In the meantime the public that wants information about Remote Viewing gets over-googled with the inane when searching for real information or hard data. The actions of a few hi-profile Remote Viewers and their associations with all things alien, and this certainly includes Ingo Swan, have done irreparable damage to the general credibility of the field. At the last conference that I saw Ingo speak he refused to respond to questions about his books and barely tolerated any questions at all. He basically said he was engaged to speak so many minutes and he would. It was a great disappointment. It seems that more and more speakers within the field that present as such conferences actually say nothing of note. One would think that is why we would listen, to actually hear new information or get insight on research, only to find out there is none. There are some speakers though who have been candid in their ideas and research and those are the ones I listen to very carefully.

Remote Viewing can be defined by a Protocol, a Methodology, and a data handling system. Analysis is by far the greatest shortcoming within the field. Open archives and data sets are too difficult to find. There are very few. TKR is not one of them. When I say open I mean open, no registering no logging in. You should not have to join a community to get access to data. HRVG is taking the same open trek with the Stargate Collection. We will field an analytic site and post all the documents in such a way as to make the search engine very specific to sort through the thousands of documents. In addition a few analytic tools will be made available for researchers who would like to research the documents that will need auto help with the vast intelligence related acronyms, routing, and the issues of read between the lines.

Daz I see you very active, you are a positive force and will no doubt make a difference, but unless the Remote Viewer’s put some distance between themselves and the aliens it will all just fade to gray.

Glenn

Rv is nbot new to these people.

Reply From: Rich To: Chris 2005-09-28

If they had an interest it would already be in process. Mitchell spoke at an RV conference.

The issue is more than "Does RV work?" The real issue is "What is its usefullness?" How many times has it been demonstrated that one can "identify" a "target" of the Eiffel Tower? I lost count.

How mant times has it been demonstrated that a crime has been solved, a missing person found, a treasure of valuable item been "found". How many aliens have been outed? :)

For those that sell RV predictions…..how many have saved lives or warned of actual catastrophies? One RVer website brags that the "professional" viewer was only 1000 miles off. Gee, wouldn’t he be a hit at my next bar-b-q! :)

There are a lot of stories and claims out there, lots of books written, aliens everywhere, "been there, done that, doing even more….". As far as I know, only McMoneagle has publicly demonstrated anything that could be considered usefull…..and not here, but in Japan. We get Art Bell and George N???? and Jim Marrs whose expertise never even heard of hrvg or its origins. The alleged real world, usefull RV work is hidden under the guise of "it’s proprietary". And all we get ftom it is vague stories and rumors and exagerations and tales of spoon bendings and any number of claims that are incredibly easy to study and verify but somehow are perpetually sidestepped. ( why try to prove PK by bending a spoon? How about moving a simple balance beam? How about recording the alleged ability in a scientific setting?)

Gee….Do you thing Radin or Mitchell or the Rhine Institute or even Randi ever thought of that? And isn’t it amazing that those who claim to be able to do such bending never try to make it into something usefull? Kinda like RV in that respect.

Rich

Reply From: Rich To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-28

TKR has promoted for a long time the fuzziness of the line between the Psychic and the Remote Viewer.

I disagree with this and would like to see aspecific.

In the meantime the public that wants information about Remote Viewing gets over-googled with the inane when searching for real information or hard data. The actions of a few hi-profile Remote Viewers and their associations with all things alien, and this certainly includes Ingo Swan, have done irreparable damage to the general credibility of the field.

Amen…..Not to mention the endless end of the world predictions from Ingo’s "protege". At the last conference that I saw Ingo speak he refused to respond to questions about his books and barely tolerated any questions at all.

Sounds a lot like the A.R.E/ RV conference in Virginia Beach where he said he was aske dnot to discuss UFOs.It was a great disappointment.

Yes.

One would think that is why we would listen, to actually hear new information or get insight on research, only to find out there is none.

Of course. It’s all proprietary. But believe me anyway.

There are some speakers though who have been candid in their ideas and research and those are the ones I listen to very carefully.

Anyone specifically?

but unless the Remote Viewer’s put some distance between themselves and the aliens it will all just fade to gray.

Great pun. :)

Rich

Logical Leaps That Are Not Supported By Logic

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-28

I’ll put this in simple and very blunt terms.

Remote viewing is unusual yet it is valid.

That does not mean that everything that is unusual is valid. Too many make the leap that because one thing that is unusual is valid, then all things unusual are valid. Let the proponents of all the other weird crap prove their own stuff.

Is that plain enough?

Here is a quick IQ test for the etheric warriors, remote healers, remote influencers, purveyors of weekend RV seminars, and all the other dregs of the RV community:

If Snickles are furble, and Snickles are blongo- then all furbles are blongo. IS THIS STATEMENT TRUE OR FALSE?

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: daz To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-30

Thanx for the comments but I disagree and so does this website – HRVG. For esxample in the advanced sessions you guys present 5 out of 40 are UFO based/themed;

UFO Sighting / Mexico City / August 6, 1997

STS-48 UFO Observation / Detail Of Objects / September 1991
Pine Gap Research Facility / Alice Springs / Australia
The Roswell Incident / Roswell, New Mexico / July 1947 (1)
The Roswell Incident / Roswell, New Mexico / July 1947 (1)

this is 13% of the sessions from advanced viewers presented to the public. You cant distance yourself from UFOs and at the same time promote these public UFO related sessions.

I believe that (some)ufo tragets are valid. Most arent. But we are all allowed different opinions. But if you believ so – then why the ufo sessions?

all the best…

daz

Aloha Daz,

I must disagree. The ingress into the RV community of the UFO subculture is a stigma that will be very difficult to excise. Too much of the serious exploration and discussion of Remote Viewing is polluted with the inane constant submission of UFO this and that. It derails any build up of productive discussions leading to possible solutions or applications. Their presence in certain forums silences those who seriously have questions and would like to see an idea run its course through the response and inputs of many minds. With the UFO participants, who are the majority on some forums, doorways open up that allow for all sorts of conspiracies to be explored and drag discussions further away from the topic of remote viewing.

Most forums are dependent upon these persons as participants and contributors where web traffic and the number of postings are more important than the issues or the quality of discussions. The definition of what is Remote Viewing has been blurred now to the point that it has all been made synonymous with all things Psychic. This is the main reason HRVG does not support the TenThousandsRoads website and forums. While there is a Psychic element that many may believe is present there are also those that believe that Remote Viewing is a process of inner communication and that at some point Science will uncover the quantum associations that actually link during the process exposing how in a natural way with can observe that which is distant or shielded from us. TKR’s overall theme is towards the psychic and not the Science. This gives support to all that want to say "Oh I have been Remote Viewing for years". Next to the UFO ingress the "Just be your Psychic Self" ingress is secondary threat to RV education, application, and ultimate credibility. The psychic enabled person is a different breed of communicator than the remote viewer. In issues of frontloading the psychic needs anchors to apply themselves but the viewer, trains himself or herself to work clean and blind in a proforma method to provide data suitable for analysis. Not relying on any sense of the psychic they apply themselves within a methodical thought process to extract data from a trained skilled mind. Not any more or less skilled than the Psychic but certainly a different approach of mental function. TKR has promoted for a long time the fuzziness of the line between the Psychic and the Remote Viewer.

In the meantime the public that wants information about Remote Viewing gets over-googled with the inane when searching for real information or hard data. The actions of a few hi-profile Remote Viewers and their associations with all things alien, and this certainly includes Ingo Swan, have done irreparable damage to the general credibility of the field. At the last conference that I saw Ingo speak he refused to respond to questions about his books and barely tolerated any questions at all. He basically said he was engaged to speak so many minutes and he would. It was a great disappointment. It seems that more and more speakers within the field that present as such conferences actually say nothing of note. One would think that is why we would listen, to actually hear new information or get insight on research, only to find out there is none. There are some speakers though who have been candid in their ideas and research and those are the ones I listen to very carefully.

Remote Viewing can be defined by a Protocol, a Methodology, and a data handling system. Analysis is by far the greatest shortcoming within the field. Open archives and data sets are too difficult to find. There are very few. TKR is not one of them. When I say open I mean open, no registering no logging in. You should not have to join a community to get access to data. HRVG is taking the same open trek with the Stargate Collection. We will field an analytic site and post all the documents in such a way as to make the search engine very specific to sort through the thousands of documents. In addition a few analytic tools will be made available for researchers who would like to research the documents that will need auto help with the vast intelligence related acronyms, routing, and the issues of read between the lines.

Daz I see you very active, you are a positive force and will no doubt make a difference, but unless the Remote Viewer’s put some distance between themselves and the aliens it will all just fade to gray.

Glenn

>

There are LIES, DAMNED LIES, and STATISTICS

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: daz 2005-09-29

this is 13% of the sessions from advanced viewers presented to the public. You cant distance yourself from UFOs and at the same time promote these public UFO related sessions.

There is no way 13% of the work done, published, or presented by our viewers involves UFO targets. Not even close. By the way you missed one- look for special out of class and see my Extra Terrestrial Intelligent Civilization / Nearest Location To Earth / Present Time session.

But not even 1 percent of the targets worked by the guild- advanced, students, presentations, files, etc. involve UFO targets. There are also FAR MORE than 40 sessions published at HRVG done by advanced viewers. I probably have 40 sessions published myself.

And you are missing the point. Sure we have done a few such targets, but we don’t discuss them incessantly.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: daz 2005-09-30

Hello Daz,

I am not sure that really is statistically demonstrative of what was or is the case here at HRVG. An example you refer to the Pine Gap target as a UFO target but it was certainly not a UFO tasking. The Facility at Pine Gap is a sprawling multi-purpose complex and was tasked as a Science Technology Survey Target. Many viewers worked this target and the published session highlights the satellite/space vehicle tracking capability at this facility at Alice Springs. Other sessions concentrated on the ground terrain and facility architecture but were not published. Considering HRVG’s 8 year run to date and what is the largest repository of Remote Viewing sessions on the planet, the HRVG session library, is predominately validation target work as well as operational and certain experimental session works.

Both the STS as well as the Mexico City events had newsreel footage available for reference for the Targeteer as well as feedback. An honest effort to utilize trained competent viewers to collect information on an anomalous event after a very long audit trail of validation work on commonplace ground truth targets. While you highlight it as statistically significant as you reference it, it certainly would not be perceivably statistically relevant within the scope of HRVG targeting practices or in relationship to the session holdings at HRVG.

I responded to a similar accusation some years ago and I repost my response below from that event as I feel nothing has really changed since then.

[Start message header]

Subject: The Guild…
Poster: Glenn B. Wheaton
Date: 2002-12-17 13:26 HST
Message ID: 16286
Has Replies:
[End message header]
[Start message content]
Aloha All,
Last month HRVG had visitors to the website from 62 countries from around the world. From Australia to Zimbabwe traffic passes through the site at a rate of 16,129 hits a day. For the most part traffic patterns show that the remote viewing product, the sessions, the efforts of the viewers themselves, is what is of interest. The steady flow in and out of the Online Training Area is proof of our commitment to support a training platform for those that cannot attend our in-house training. Those that pass through the OTA form an ever-increasing number of HRVG trained viewers in many countries. So we in the Guild know what our support base is. Those that train and work with us, for the most part form this support base. But what about the rest of the world that visits the site? What about the 400,000 to 500,000 hits that peruse the environs of HRVG each month? What does the world think of us? And why?
From time to time I see some very vicious attacks towards HRVG from outside elements. The recent attack on the Stargate List actually prompts this post. The Stargate list is comprised of more than 400 members who for the most part are part of the formed Remote Viewing community. These aren’t lookie loos, but people that were there yesterday and they will be there tomorrow. What is their opinion about HRVG and our contribution to the community in the last 5 or 6 years?
Do we shape our own image of integrity and capacity or do we allow others to do it? It can be a bit depressing to see the good works of a lot of people cast aside by the disparaging words of one individual. What is the impact on the character of the Guild when this happens? How are we viewed then? And is it a real view?
When I read the post it stuck me that the view being promulgated was that HRVG was somehow contradicting itself by its position on UFO taskings and what we have tasked as targets in the past. The claim was made that we were the most prolific taskers of esoterica in the community. The damage occurs when others believe these unqualified statements. Of interest, mention was made of several projects HRVG has conducted over the years. The Manned Mission to Mars Project (which although is completed, remains unpublished) was brought up as well as my work on the UFO Prediction done several years ago.
The Manned Mission to Mars Project is a vast collection of taskings and viewing on Earth’s efforts to reach for Mars in 2023 or so. It is a great body of work that has not a single element of delusional esoterica within it. No green men or other unbelievable aspects. It reveals a scenario of the efforts of almost 14 people launched via conventional rocketry to the red Planet.
While this was future predictive work, it will have feedback in the years to come. Beginning in 2010 there will be a great amount of pressure on NASA to commit to a Mars expedition. The Japanese and the Chinese will be pushing to get financing to expand their own space programs beginning in 2005 to 2007 and this includes announcements of both countries to travel to Mars.
The work remains unpublished because the deluge of UFO agendas within the RV community diminishes the worth of the Project. I have decided to make the data accessible to NASA or other researchers who have an interest.
The UFO prediction experiment which is published on our website was also raised as an element in our proclivity to task esoterica. While the work was done as a part of a tasking, that was more than a year old before I worked the target, I am surprised it is considered esoteric since we are in a post event/feedback posture on that target.
I worked this target in conjunction with two other viewers. After we had finished our work I asked Dick Allgire from KITV 4 if he could get a camera out to a specific place to validate or invalidate the results of the prediction. Dick took it from there and the rest is history. The event unfolded, the space junk rode through the sky and lit up the night for 700 miles in all directions. It impacted the water exactly were we predicted it and despite the fact that no one was abducted, it had ZERO esoteric value. Why? Because it happened.
It was authentic, it was documented, it was notarized, and it was reported and covered by every newspaper and every television station in the State of Hawaii. But to some it is being heralded as esoteric promiscuity. The one time in the community a prediction is made using the very tool we struggle to quantify and are successful and it is regulated to live with the delusions of the dubious. This is a tragedy. It is a great peace of work that only a few could accomplish.
HRVG is a great Guild. What we have accomplished in the last 5 years is amazing. We are blessed with hard working viewers and people who make and keep commitments to training and the never-ending research and development in making the case for remote viewing.
Along the way we have published our work. Projects, sessions, reports, and in general have tried to be a positive force within the community. We have set the example for the procedural handling of data, analysis, protocol management, and reporting.
I don’t care who may feel bad about it, but we are simply the best in these efforts. We are the best because we have trained to a standard and then enforce that standard in the work that we do. We are craftsmen in this art and we take it seriously. We are a Guild. Some would like to believe that we are all the same, we can all remote view the same, everything considered we are the same. WRONG!
Those that train and work together accomplish far more than those that do not. We excel because we share common goals, common skills, and common courtesy. Is this the Guild the world sees? It is certainly the Guild of our Hearts. How do we get there from here?
Aloha
Glenn B. Wheaton
[End message content]

Reply From: daz To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-09-30

Glenn,

Firstly Im not accusing you guys of anything – I have no beef with HRVG or anyone! Especially not an RV group that puts their rv sessions out there.

As an outsider who like to read your boards amongst many others – when I see the communication blaming ufos for the decline in RV – and then when I go to the advanced sessions and see the ufo sessions, then from my ousider point of view it seems like mixed messages.

See it from my point of view – here we see messages blaming ufos – then in the sessions for view many of them are ufo related sessions.

Now I believe you when you say ufo sessions are a small part of what you have done – but the available advanced sessions as they stand on the site didnt/doesnt reflect this!

all the best…

Daz

Hello Daz,

I am not sure that really is statistically demonstrative of what was or is the case here at HRVG. An example you refer to the Pine Gap target as a UFO target but it was certainly not a UFO tasking. The Facility at Pine Gap is a sprawling multi-purpose complex and was tasked as a Science Technology Survey Target. Many viewers worked this target and the published session highlights the satellite/space vehicle tracking capability at this facility at Alice Springs. Other sessions concentrated on the ground terrain and facility architecture but were not published. Considering HRVG’s 8 year run to date and what is the largest repository of Remote Viewing sessions on the planet, the HRVG session library, is predominately validation target work as well as operational and certain experimental session works.

Both the STS as well as the Mexico City events had newsreel footage available for reference for the Targeteer as well as feedback. An honest effort to utilize trained competent viewers to collect information on an anomalous event after a very long audit trail of validation work on commonplace ground truth targets. While you highlight it as statistically significant as you reference it, it certainly would not be perceivably statistically relevant within the scope of HRVG targeting practices or in relationship to the session holdings at HRVG.

I responded to a similar accusation some years ago and I repost my response below from that event as I feel nothing has really changed since then.

[Start message header] Subject: The Guild… Poster: Glenn B. Wheaton Date: 2002-12-17 13:26 HST Message ID: 16286 Has Replies: [End message header] [Start message content] Aloha All, Last month HRVG had visitors to the website from 62 countries from around the world. From Australia to Zimbabwe traffic passes through the site at a rate of 16,129 hits a day. For the most part traffic patterns show that the remote viewing product, the sessions, the efforts of the viewers themselves, is what is of interest. The steady flow in and out of the Online Training Area is proof of our commitment to support a training platform for those that cannot attend our in-house training. Those that pass through the OTA form an ever-increasing number of HRVG trained viewers in many countries. So we in the Guild know what our support base is. Those that train and work with us, for the most part form this support base. But what about the rest of the world that visits the site? What about the 400,000 to 500,000 hits that peruse the environs of HRVG each month? What does the world think of us? And why? From time to time I see some very vicious attacks towards HRVG from outside elements. The recent attack on the Stargate List actually prompts this post. The Stargate list is comprised of more than 400 members who for the most part are part of the formed Remote Viewing community. These aren’t lookie loos, but people that were there yesterday and they will be there tomorrow. What is their opinion about HRVG and our contribution to the community in the last 5 or 6 years? Do we shape our own image of integrity and capacity or do we allow others to do it? It can be a bit depressing to see the good works of a lot of people cast aside by the disparaging words of one individual. What is the impact on the character of the Guild when this happens? How are we viewed then? And is it a real view? When I read the post it stuck me that the view being promulgated was that HRVG was somehow contradicting itself by its position on UFO taskings and what we have tasked as targets in the past. The claim was made that we were the most prolific taskers of esoterica in the community. The damage occurs when others believe these unqualified statements. Of interest, mention was made of several projects HRVG has conducted over the years. The Manned Mission to Mars Project (which although is completed, remains unpublished) was brought up as well as my work on the UFO Prediction done several years ago. The Manned Mission to Mars Project is a vast collection of taskings and viewing on Earth’s efforts to reach for Mars in 2023 or so. It is a great body of work that has not a single element of delusional esoterica within it. No green men or other unbelievable aspects. It reveals a scenario of the efforts of almost 14 people launched via conventional rocketry to the red Planet. While this was future predictive work, it will have feedback in the years to come. Beginning in 2010 there will be a great amount of pressure on NASA to commit to a Mars expedition. The Japanese and the Chinese will be pushing to get financing to expand their own space programs beginning in 2005 to 2007 and this includes announcements of both countries to travel to Mars. The work remains unpublished because the deluge of UFO agendas within the RV community diminishes the worth of the Project. I have decided to make the data accessible to NASA or other researchers who have an interest. The UFO prediction experiment which is published on our website was also raised as an element in our proclivity to task esoterica. While the work was done as a part of a tasking, that was more than a year old before I worked the target, I am surprised it is considered esoteric since we are in a post event/feedback posture on that target. I worked this target in conjunction with two other viewers. After we had finished our work I asked Dick Allgire from KITV 4 if he could get a camera out to a specific place to validate or invalidate the results of the prediction. Dick took it from there and the rest is history. The event unfolded, the space junk rode through the sky and lit up the night for 700 miles in all directions. It impacted the water exactly were we predicted it and despite the fact that no one was abducted, it had ZERO esoteric value. Why? Because it happened. It was authentic, it was documented, it was notarized, and it was reported and covered by every newspaper and every television station in the State of Hawaii. But to some it is being heralded as esoteric promiscuity. The one time in the community a prediction is made using the very tool we struggle to quantify and are successful and it is regulated to live with the delusions of the dubious. This is a tragedy. It is a great peace of work that only a few could accomplish. HRVG is a great Guild. What we have accomplished in the last 5 years is amazing. We are blessed with hard working viewers and people who make and keep commitments to training and the never-ending research and development in making the case for remote viewing. Along the way we have published our work. Projects, sessions, reports, and in general have tried to be a positive force within the community. We have set the example for the procedural handling of data, analysis, protocol management, and reporting. I don’t care who may feel bad about it, but we are simply the best in these efforts. We are the best because we have trained to a standard and then enforce that standard in the work that we do. We are craftsmen in this art and we take it seriously. We are a Guild. Some would like to believe that we are all the same, we can all remote view the same, everything considered we are the same. WRONG! Those that train and work together accomplish far more than those that do not. We excel because we share common goals, common skills, and common courtesy. Is this the Guild the world sees? It is certainly the Guild of our Hearts. How do we get there from here? Aloha Glenn B. Wheaton [End message content]

>

Re: There are LIES, DAMNED LIES, and STATISTICS

Reply From: daz To: Dick Allgire 2005-09-30

Dick,

If you click on sessions, then click on advanced classes:
here you present 40 sessions
approx 5 are UFO related
which is 13%

You have have done more seesion watering down the % – but its not the impression the webiste gives – im not making ths up! It your guys website.

Are youre right you dont mention then excessively but the chat was blaming ufo interferance with Rv for the decline of rv – and yet you guys also have these ufo sessions posted!

There is no blame here – im not out to argue – but when I see comments like ‘the ufo/decline of rv comments’, Im responding on how I see it.

Ive been tasked with ufo targets myself – its a problem as a viewer when you cant know the traget – it happens. Of course I also own one of the biggest ufo websites on the net aswell – but I do try to keep rv and ufology seperate – but sometime the paths cross.

But I dont see ufos as the decline of RV I blame the teachers, the costs, and the lack of credible evidence/resarch, ad of course the bickering between groups.

all the best…

Daz

>

There is no way 13% of the work done, published, or presented by our viewers involves UFO targets. Not even close. By the way you missed one- look for special out of class and see my Extra Terrestrial Intelligent Civilization / Nearest Location To Earth / Present Time session.

But not even 1 percent of the targets worked by the guild- advanced, students, presentations, files, etc. involve UFO targets. There are also FAR MORE than 40 sessions published at HRVG done by advanced viewers. I probably have 40 sessions published myself.

And you are missing the point. Sure we have done a few such targets, but we don’t discuss them incessantly.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: daz 2005-10-01

Daz,

You have taken 1 category of sessions from a list of 10 and are trying to somehow make it seem that statistically the number of anomalous tasking within that 1 category of 10 is telling or important. Alas it is not. I thought I had posted enough of the viewpoint here so that it would be clear what our position has always been.

GBW

Reply From: daz To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-10-02

Dude!,

Im doing no such thing Im just reporting what your website presents to us the public – you guys posted the sessions not me!

If you feel I am taking one element just the ‘advanced sessions’ – lets try them all shall we..

All told there are approx

150 session in ALL the categories
approx 10 are ufo/paranormal – not including crop/ice circle targets – as I feel these are prob mandmade but could be classed a ufo/paranormal.

Making all told approx 7% of your presented sessions ufo/paranormal. The session I would hold as ‘best evidence’ the ‘advanced’ sessions the number of ufo/paranormals is higher as stated (13%).

Im sorry if you dont like this! I didnt do it – if there are more sessions making the ufo/paranormals a less % then post them!

All Im saying is what I /we as the public see, and if you want to distance from UFO/Paranormal sessions then you should refelct this in your site.

Its not me making it up, its not me playing with figures, its real % totals.

all the best…

daz

Daz,

You have taken 1 category of sessions from a list of 10 and are trying to somehow make it seem that statistically the number of anomalous tasking within that 1 category of 10 is telling or important. Alas it is not. I thought I had posted enough of the viewpoint here so that it would be clear what our position has always been.

GBW

>

Reply From: Eva To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-10-07

With the UFO participants, who are the majority on some forums, doorways open up that allow for all sorts of conspiracies to be explored and drag discussions further away from the topic of remote viewing.

I think you will find should anyone choose to visit the remote viewing board at tenthousandroads.com, that we don’t speak much about UFOs compared to other subjects, so I’d have to disagree with you there. We do have other boards for other subjects so you might find some UFO stuff on those boards. But that’s exactly why we separated the RV board from other boards, in order to try to keep the subjects more separated.

Most forums are dependent upon these persons as participants and contributors

Most of our participants on the rv board are not all that involved in UFO stuff, especially not most of the board operators, although of course we have all kinds of different visitors with a variety of different interests.

where web traffic and the number of postings are more important than the issues or the quality of discussions. The definition of what is Remote Viewing has been blurred now to the point that it has all been made synonymous with all things Psychic.

Yup, this is a common complaint I’ve had and one that I’ve addressed multiple times on the TKR RV board. However, I think the main reason this has come to pass is because of a simpleminded media that tends to gloss over important differences between methods of psi functioning. The public is introduced to incorrect definitions making it hard to straighten out their understanding for the few that do come to investigate further.

This is the main reason HRVG does not support the TenThousandsRoads website and forums. While there is a Psychic element that many may believe is present there are also those that believe that Remote Viewing is a process of inner communication

Well that’s very unfortunate, but to each his own. Yes you are correct, that many of us do probably feel rv is a matter of inner communication, among many other things.

and that at some point Science will uncover the quantum associations that actually link during the process exposing how in a natural way with can observe that which is distant or shielded from us.

Well that particular opinion is not any particular dogma of TKR, although it may be the opinion of some members. At TKR, we don’t have a central dogma. We have opinions and experiences. We try to interview well known viewers and researchers, many of whom sometimes contradict eachother. So to say, "At TKR, they believe XYZ" would always be a misnomer because we have no one overarching dogma. TKR is a group of discussion boards so people discuss all manner of opinions. It has a very different purpose than to promote one and only one method of rv, so inherently, you can’t have only one set of opinions allowed. Many different members and board operators carry many different opinions about each subject.

TKR’s overall theme is towards the psychic and not the Science.

We try to have as much science as we can possibly find. Just recently we have managed to have one of the earliest members of the Stargate unit answer some member’s questions for us. Gary Langford has been involved in rv research for many many years. In addition we have had other rv researchers interviewed in the past and have been working hard to post all of the Stargate declassified docs free to the public. One of our members already has many posted up for anyone who might be interested. We own him a great debt of gratitude. We also have set up a fully doubleblind targeting system freely for public use. Any science, research, or statistics we can find, we post them and discuss them. Of course, those researchers and scientists don’t always agree with HRVG ideas or even with eachother, but that is just part of how science and research works in the real world.

TKR has promoted for a long time the fuzziness of the line between the Psychic and the Remote Viewer.

Not really. In fact, one person who posts a lot tends to feel that way. Others don’t and many are inbetween. Like I said, we don’t require agreement at TKR, just civil and polite discourse. To say that TKR promotes any one specific opinion would be inaccurate. We are a discussion board that is not affiliated with any one particular methodology. Therefore, our goals are different than most other boards.

within the field. Open archives and data sets are too difficult to find. There are very few. TKR is not one of them. When I say open I mean open, no registering no logging in. You should not have to join a community to get access to data.

LOL, we have thousands and thousands of rv sessions that are open to the public. If you REALLY REALLY want to make a big deal that one must fill out a very short online registration to access it, well I guess I can’t stop you. But basically, you just need to pick out a login name and password to get in. We discussed this with our posting members and many felt they did not want their thousands of sessions easily open to random google searches by potential bosses or family members. Neither did they want their session comments open to random flaming by anonymous websearchers and evangelical preachers. Unlike many locations, most of our site is interactive and allows for comment and discourse in each area. Therefore, we set up a simple registration process on the gallery/targeting side to give a tiny bit of protection to our many members. We thought that it was fair to all involved considering that it is a huge softward project involving tons of manpower and generosity by all those involved and that it is totally free to the public. If some few people feel that a few minutes to register for such a resource is just too much for them, of course that is their choice to make.

-Eva, moderator TKR boards

Reply to Eva (2nd try)

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Eva 2005-10-08

Aloha Eva,

I took your remarks to heart and spent a great deal of time going through the TKR message archives from the CD’s where I store them. I would certainly have to disagree with you regarding the content. I have seen some items being moved off the main RV related board recently to clean it up a bit but the sheer bandwidth dedicated to UFO/Aliens is the audit trail of the agenda there. It seems that the UFO Agenda is alive and well there despite your comments to the contrary. It is also a major theme and topic in the Yahoo IRVA BBS as well as most of the others so you shouldn’t feel like the Lone Ranger. It’s a lot like a virus that will continue to spread unless someone takes an active role in keeping topics to the interest at hand, Remote Viewing.

In regards to the open acceptance to all things Psi, at some point PJ began using the Psi word more than the remote viewing word at TKR and that pretty much opened the floodgates. Everyone soon followed suite in belief and terminology. I think the promotion of RV, as a PSI function is wrong for several reasons. First Psi function is not an acceptable cause to Science. Despite the whining by ED May and company in regards to other PhD’s conducting research in RV, the greater field of Science does not regard PSI as a viable factor for causation.

In the meantime the definition of what actually constitutes RV is muddied by the constant and continuous ingress of the UFO whackos as well as the fuzzy line between the Psi and the RV threshold. HRVG had a unique opportunity when we ran an Egghead Class for the Psychology Dept at the University of Hawaii; which included the Dept Head. In the post training review I asked several questions. The primary question I asked was; after your training experience do you think that given all factors that you as a PhD could make and take a case for RV to Science. The answer was an unequivocal "Yes". If I had asked do you think you could make the case for Psi I would have received a totally different answer. I know because I asked. The challenge is to get RV into the greater Scientific Theatre for evaluation and exploitation, not the greater field of Psi. So stick with what you know, stick with what you can prove.

All of us that are Remote Viewers know that this field is so exciting and so interesting and literally so amazing how can it not be further along the path to science than it is? After 20 years. It is because too many have detracted, derailed, and opted out of the hard task of doing the work, laying the foundation, and keeping reality in focus. We let the dreamers of the esoteric volley in our stead. We stand aside and say little when they take the RV concept and attempt to throw it against the wall of insanity, again and again and everyone just kinda stands around saying nothing. Stop them and get the subject back to the task at hand.

In regards to the TKR repository of RV sessions, open it to the public, or continue to build it as you see fit. It is not a Publicly accessible archive so stop painting it as such. Simple make it public or keep it private to your subscribed members, up to you.

Glenn

Nice site

Reply From: Andy To: Eva 2005-11-03

Just popped in to say hi.

Just dropped by

Reply From: Fre3d To: Eva 2005-11-04

Thought Id pop over and see the site.

Scroll to Top