Edging

Edging

Do you, perchance, intend to ever post your remote viewing protocols on this website? I am just getting into TRV (via the tapes) and would love to have additional info.

I am particularly interested in this ‘edging’ that you are all talking about.

Kay

Re: Edging

Reply From: Dick To: Kay Grissom 1998-05-20

Hi Kay,
I don’t think the protocols are going to be posted.
I’m not sure what the classification status is of some of this stuff, but Glenn WILL NOT pass along any written material in class. Every once in a while someone will ask a question that causes him to pause and consider very carefully how much to answer. Apparently he retains his security clearance and has to submit to polygraph exams regularly.

Edging is a very interesting protocol, involving a breathing exercise to off-gas carbon dioxide. After about five minutes your urge to breathe slows down and your respiration rate approaches sleep. At the same time you are using a slight pressure on your eye lids to block signals to your optic nerve.

When it works it is quite amazing. You’re settling in counting breathes, resting your head in your hands, thumbs on your eyes a certain way. You get all kinds of random optic firings… imagination plays some games. You just let all that go by for about 5 minutes or more.

Then you become very still and an eerie image forms. Try too hard and you lose it. The other night I did this exercise and saw a huge stadium full of people. Looked like a baseball game!

Turns out the target was Mark McGwire hitting his 400th homerun. I saw the stadium and crowd quite clearly. Put my sketch next to a photo of Busch Stadium…that’s what I saw.

Your subconscious awareness sends a signal to your primary consciousness. It actually WILL resonate on the membrane at the back of your eye and stimulate your optic nerve. The trick is to learn how to block all the other impulses to your optic nerve that drown out this faint signal line.

The early protocols…the 2 -3 second probing of ideograms and matrix collection to get conceptual information like hard or soft? Natural or manmade? Colors? Tastes? Sounds? All of that is necessary to set up the communication link and establish the signal line. But once you establish target contact the goal is to move your conscious awareness off to the side.

So the early collection is done in low alpha (pretty alert and conscious.) In order to move your conscious awarenss out of the way enough to have signal line (VISUALS) dominate, you have to be in an altered state.

So in a sense edging is just a cheap high!

Reply From: Kay Grissom To: Dick 1998-05-20

Hi Kay, I don’t think the protocols are going to be posted. I’m not sure what the classification status is of some of this stuff, but Glenn WILL NOT pass along any written material in class. Every once in a while someone will ask a question that causes him to pause and consider very carefully how much to answer. Apparently he retains his security clearance and has to submit to polygraph exams regularly.

Dick,

Thanks so much for such a long, informative post. Maybe I will just have to play around and try to develop something like this on my own.

Kay

>

Reply From: Glenn To: Kay Grissom 1998-05-20

Aloha Miss Kay, I haven’t seen you about in quite some time. I think that if you hang out abit we will have some method devised to allow for technical exchanges on methods and protocols. We do not really want to get into teaching on the web as our purpose is to function a bit with R&D on all available information from all schools of thought. We can’t do that very well if we keep secrets and shun exchanges. This Protocol structure was worked out in 82 or 83. The overall approach was clarified by Dick Ireland. Best regards and ALoha Glenn.

Reply From: Dick To: Glenn 1998-05-20

Interesting to learn of Dick Ireland’s input. Its my understanding he was probably just about the greatest "natural" ever, or least one of the very best.

Did he find it necessary to use techniques like edging to get close to a target? Or did he help devise this for the rest of us who don’t have his ability?

Its also news to some that he assisted in the development of RV. The accepted history is that Ingo Swann invented remote viewing.

When you try to figure out how all this began its like a house of mirrors.

Reply From: Valerie To: Glenn 1998-05-21

This Protocol structure was worked out in 82 or 83. The overall approach was clarified by Dick Ireland. Best regards and ALoha Glenn.

Glenn,

Is this the Richard Ireland from Arizona, who is noted for the blindfold billet? And, what is R&D?
Thanks, Valerie

Reply From: Glenn To: Valerie 1998-05-21

Yes Valerie, Dr. Richard Ireland was a very well known Person who visited the islands yearly. He was very keen on receiving visuals. To my knowledge he was the only person ever to demonstrate the ability to see letters and numbers.

I first met him in a meeting in the early 80’s. After the meeting I was invited to attend a show he was giving down at Don the Beachcombers in Waikiki.

I smiled a lot at the show and decided to test him on his ability to see numbers.

I was about 30 feet from the stage at a table with several other members from my unit. I took a 100 dollar bill from my wallet folded it up under the table into a tiny square. I then held the folded bill in my closed hand above my head and sent Dick a

mental message to call on me.

On stage he stood at a small podium, his head almost totally enclosed in a cloth wrapping to prevent him from seeing. Under the cloth were his eyes, which had been covered over with a flour paste that had hardened.

I no sooner finished my mental message to him when he turned, pointed directly towards me and said, Hello LYNN…..no wait…Glenn…. Hello Glenn. In your hand above your head you have something for me. Wait…it is money…but you have folded it sosmall I can barely see the numbers.

He began to spill numbers and letters forth. I wrote them down on my napkin. He told me to check the number. I said in loud voice…. wrong!!! He laughed and said look again, because I gave you the numbers backwards. I looked at the numbers on the napk

in…then the bill…I was in shock..Each number/letter correct, but backwards in order.

I got up walked to the stage and deposited the bill in his tray along with the many bills of other disbeliever’s.

The next day I spent several hours with him on a stack of targets, some real, some bogus. For the next 2 1/2 years I made understanding his skill a major work in my life. To this day I have never met anyone that could duplicate what he did 5 times a we

ek for fun. He most certainly did not need the money. At his summer residence where he conducted training the conditions were very posh.

The skill that amazed me the most was his ability to boost a person’s ability to see a target. When asked if I saw the target I would sometime reply no. He would give my hand a slight touch and the visuals on blackboard would scream with intensity.

I have met a local fellow here with this boosting ability and am very amazed by him also. I will make arrangement s for him to visit the class and demonstrate this for the new folks. I believe several people in the Guild already have been able to exper

ience this with him. Anyway much Aloha…Glenn

Reply From: Kay Grissom To: Glenn 1998-05-21

Aloha, Glenn, and all. It is nice to have this website up and I an enthusiastic about anything I can learn here. This will doubtless get me into trouble in other places………? Sure wish I lived in Hawaii.

Glenn, did you evermake public your Marilyn Monroe (remember I helped…hint hint) or Amelia Earhart findings? I would sure love to see them. I suppose you are aware that PSI TECH is now doing Earhart and actually intend to go retrieve her plane.

Valerie, R&D is research and development. See how much I have learned from hanging around websites with all these military types…ha ha.

I do intend to stay around and learn anything I can. I am going to work your posted targets.

I would like to ask, Glenn, when I do my TRVs…sometimes I am dead on and sometimes I am just completely off and I can’t seem to feel any difference that would clue me as to whether this is a good session or not? Is there something I can do to make myself more ready for a session? Does facing a white wall really help, for instance?

Kay

Reply From: Dick To: Kay Grissom 1998-05-21

Hi Kay,
everyone is on sometimes and off sometimes.

As for facing the white wall….I think keeping the input to your primary consciousness to a minimum always helps. Especially those of us who are attempting to actually see the visuals. Whenever you close your eyes you get a few seconds of ‘after image’ and I find a dimly lit white wall cuts down on this.

Reply From: Valtra To: Glenn 1998-05-23

The key to this boosting that Glenn speaks of is to learn to achieve a state of "neutrality" and mmerely allowing the EM impulses to flow into your brain. In this case, NO GAIN with STRAIN. I have done my best work when I was able to stay in this neutral state doing a session. This means LETTING GO TO THE MAX! Aloha, Valtra.

Reply From: Yaana To: Valtra 1998-05-23

The key to this boosting that Glenn speaks of is to learn to achieve a state of "neutrality" and mmerely allowing the EM impulses to flow into your brain. In this case, NO GAIN with STRAIN. I have done my best work when I was able to stay in this neutral state doing a session. This means LETTING GO TO THE MAX! Aloha, Valtra.

Interesting mix, I agree that abandonment of the ego, or absolute trust of the protocols is vital to getting good target contact and data, this would remove the strain. But first there has to be an intensely focused intent, to go to target and retrieve good data, this intent is demonstrated by the presision with which we execute the protocols, not the wrinkle of our efforting brow.

The boosting Glenn was referring to has to do with another person touching your hand and acting like a jumper cable, to add an additional amount of energy to boost you to clearer target contact. Glenn described experiencing this with Dick Ireland, as well as with a person we have met here in Hawaii. This was an experience outside of protocols which created enough interesting data to warrent further investigation.

Reply From: Valtra To: Yaana 1998-05-24

In rereading my original post, I saw that I was not clear enough in my point. Of course, "boosting" as referred to by Glenn is having someone else "freq-u-up"

by touch. What gives Ireland and the local Carl this ability to boost your energy level is the absolute state of neutrality that they are able to maintain while being open channels of Universal Mind power. I am suggesting that you don’t NEED to have anyone ELSE give you this BOOST if you train yourself to maintain this state of energetic neutrality. Letting go of the ego, worries, etc., is merely the first step in achieving this state but it is far more than that. It is to achieve perfect energetic focus and centeredness – no polarity- within your own personal energy field. This can be done with focused intent and practice-THEN you focus your awareness to the target THROUGH this field of neutrality and you have better target contact. Words are inadequate to describe this type of process. Valtra.

Reply From: Glenn To: Valtra 1998-05-24

Aloha Valtra,
Thanks for mentioning Carl. When I first met him he asked if he could touch my hand while I remote viewed a target. As I understood Carl he was very heavy into the analysis and reproduction of energy patterns. I agreed and selected a target that I knew. The target was a place in Japan named Saragaki, a resort where I have spent many long summer days diving and roaming. I selected 1937 as the year and the Saragaki point as the exact location. I began with a quick breath down and went to Blackboard for the initial visuals. It was at this time Carl put his hand on top of mine. In an instant the visuals jumped onto blackboard. A 2 – 4 second visual grab on blackboard just became a 30-sec full color experience. I focused quickly on the scene that unfolded. Giant plate plants on the shoreline with two women a mother and daughter in Geisha attire standing and laughing while a man was attempting to photograph them. The sites, sounds, and raw sense of time had a strength I had never experienced except beyond Cascade, into Morpheus. It was cause for a smile as I tried to figure out what Carl had done. I am forever amazed at the abilities of some people. It is never exactly just what we think it is. If there was an environment Ripe for R&D it is RV. Aloha … Glenn

Reply From: Dick To: Glenn 1998-05-24

Carl gave me a jolt one night of whatever the heck it is he does. I blackboarded a target ID, shot it while he held my hand. I had quite a stunning look at some rocky reddish hued desert. Very barren and harsh.

I opened my eyes and had trouble coming back to reality for a few seconds. I said, "Wow, back to earth."

Glenn said, "Exactly." The target cue was the Mars Pathfinder site.

Scroll to Top