President Carter admits RV program – keeps quite about other programs

Today from: www.waynemadsenreport.com/

February 26, 2006 — President Jimmy Carter, in an interview with GQ, revealed the existence of a onetime top secret operation involving “remote viewing,” the use of psychics in para-psychological espionage directed against the USSR. The Soviets also maintained a similar program during the Cold War.

“GQ: One of the promises you made in 1976 was that if you were elected, you would look into the reports from Roswell and see if there had been any cover-ups. Did you look into that?

Carter: Well, in a way. I became more aware of what our intelligence services were doing. There was only one instance that Isll talk about now. We had a plane go down in the Central African Republic””a twin-engine plane, small plane. And we couldnst find it. And so we oriented satellites that were going around the earth every ninety minutes to fly over that spot where we thought it might be and take photographs. We couldnst find it. So the director of the CIA came and told me that he had contacted a woman in California that claimed to have supernatural capabilities. And she went in a trance, and she wrote down latitudes and longitudes, and we sent our satellite over that latitude and longitude, and there was the plane.

GQ: That must have been surreal for you. Yousre the president of the United States, and yousre getting intelligence information from a woman in a trance in California.

Carter: Thatss exactly right.

GQ: How did your scientific mind process that?

Carter: With skepticism. Whether it was just a gross coincidence or”¦I donst know. But thatss one thing that I couldnst explain.”

The CIA’s remote viewing was known by various cover names, including Stargate. The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) also maintained a remote viewing program code named Sun Streak. The prototype CIA remote viewing program, run by Stanford Research Institute (SRI), was code named Project Scanate. Other CIA cover names for remote viewing included Centre Lane, Gondola Wish, and Grill Flame.

Carter: confirms CIA remote viewing project.

A former high-ranking official of Carter’s National Security Council and officer in Naval Intelligence confirmed the existence of the CIA’s remote viewing program and the use of para-psychics to locate secret Soviet missile bases and ballistic missile submarines. However, he conceded that both the U.S. and Soviet remote viewing programs were plagued with problems, including constant interference from “third parties.”

After Stargate’s exposure by ABC’s Nightline in 1995, it was reportedly defunded. However, according to NSA sources, remote viewing remains an ultra secret project at the signals intelligence agency. According to those familiar with the program, the protocols followed have actually complied with U.S. Signals Intelligence Directive 18 (USSID 18), which implements the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). U.S. persons have been protected by the use of mandatory “two person control” (a viewer and a special handler) during remote viewing sessions, carried out in a super secure chamber at NSA Headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland. With recent disclosures about NSA’s violations of FISA by order of the Bush White House, there are concerns that NSA’s remote viewing program no longer complies with FISA or USSID 18.

Wow

Reply From: RJB To: George 2006-02-28

A little surprised to see any source (if a true source) mentioning a current program.

Very Interesting..

Reply From: gen_x To: RJB 2006-02-28

Would like to get a comment from the source of the article on the reliability of the sources – any one have any clues on who wrote the original article and contacts?

thanx for sharing by the way!

daz

There was not just A remote viewing program

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: George 2006-03-03

Today from: www.waynemadsenreport.com/

George copied this information:

“The CIA’s remote viewing was known by various cover names, including Stargate. The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) also maintained a remote viewing program code named Sun Streak. The prototype CIA remote viewing program, run by Stanford Research Institute (SRI), was code named Project Scanate. Other CIA cover names for remote viewing included Centre Lane, Gondola Wish, and Grill Flame.”

In response I reply:

People continue to refer to THE (as in ONE) remote viewing program. Stargate, Grill Flame, Scangate, Gondola Wish, Grill Flame etc. was one program that was abandoned and then made public. Everything published on this (The HRVG website) demonstrates that there were other programs, other methods that were quite successful and never publicly acknowledged.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Dick Allgire 2006-03-04

Aloha Dick,

I think as time goes by more will be known about some of the other projects. I doubt the information will come from Paul or any of those guys. I received a call from a friend today who I have keep in contact with who was part of a Navy project that ended in the mid 70’s. He, like yourself, is writing a book.

Glenn

where this rv program info?

Reply From: gen_x To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2006-03-05

Guys I mean you no offence – but I dont actually see any evidence on your site to support another military program. Yeah there are hints but i dont see any names, places, dates – no description of the project, where it was based – or have I missed this in your pages?

I ask because Im really interested in there is.

gen_X

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: gen_x 2006-03-05

Guys I mean you no offence – but I dont actually see any evidence on your site to support another military program. Yeah there are hints but i dont see any names, places, dates – no description of the project, where it was based – or have I missed this in your pages?

I ask because Im really interested in there is.

gen_X

Hi Gen X,

What DO you see at this site? More sessions, projects, predictions, analysis, examples of pure remote viewing and remote viewing work than is published anywhere else by anyone.

If you are seriously interested, or are a student of remote viewing you might take the time to study or at least examine various methodolgies (the structure of actual session) and see that no other form of remote viewing is close to what we practice. This was not made up. Someone spent quite a bit of time, energy, and intellect to develop our methodolgy.

Look at the library and see Glenn Wheaton’s military record and think for a few minutes, or just read my post on this bulletin board- the first chapter of my book.

If you have any real doubts you might send a cordial email to Skip Atwater (credited with founding the Ft. Meade RV unit) and ask if he has met Glenn Wheaton and other members of this organization, and whether he gives credence to the fact that there were other RV programs in the U.S. military.

This is old stuff and has been rehashed until finally put to rest. If you are new to the field you can be excused, but you should do some homework.

Aloha,

Dick

woah chill dude!…

Reply From: gen_x To: Dick Allgire 2006-03-05

Hey dude chill a little!
theres no need to be so agressive. Just because YOU feel you have stated your case doesnt make it so.

Ive been doing this nine years – so no its not new to me – and yes I have studied many methodologies. But Im stating my opinion – yes I have read the military records and I say it shows nothing! Anyone can have a military record – it doesnt mean they were part of a secondary military RV program. You say there is evidence on the site – im saying that as an outsider I dont clearly see it. And if I dont see it then maybe others also have this opinion.

Look we know the stargate guys were in a mil rv unit because they confirm each other and we have documented evidence of this – bu I dont see any of this from you guys – dont get me wrong you may seem to have a credible and usefull mehod of RV, but as an outsider of HRVG (but not a newbie) I remain unconvinced on the origins of ypur methods as you havent for me shown enough proof of a second rv unit.

yes you may have hashed this out in the past – but you guys are going to have to continue doing so until you convince people like me with better evidence than I have seen on your site. Im not being confrontationsl for any other reason than you just havent convinced people as much as you think you may have. You really dont need to be this confrontational with your replies.
Im just stating it how I see it, and its would seem im not alone in this.

yes you guys have sessions, yes you show theory and other things but there are plenty of other people doing ths same with their rv sites. take mine for example: www.remoteviewd.com I have more Military RV sessions and official FOIA RV/PSI documents than all the other Rv sites put together – this doenst mean my site is definative or that I have got it all absoultely right. Yes I agree you are fairly proactive and forthright in what you present, but by no means are you the only ones.

Anyway rant over – just chill with the agressiveness – im just stating what is obviously the public face of HRVG that you dont see or realise because your on the inside looking out.

All the best…

Daz

Why are we afraid of what we don’t know?

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: gen_x 2006-03-06

Aloha,

I am neither responsible for nor do I really care what the general public does not know about Military Intelligence and their activities in regards to Remote Viewing. My purpose in starting the Guild was twofold. First preserve a methodology created by Special Forces operators and analysts, and second, to train viewers in that methodology. I have done both. Whether or not someone believes everything or nothing is meaningless. What is important is whether or not HRVG is a competent organization to not only make the case for Remote Viewing but to instill within its’ membership the motivation to push the limits and raise the bar when it comes to individual training and performance. This we also do.

I could have just as easily claimed all the credit for the methodology and organized and trained the Guild but I would have cheated them of their legacy as well as betrayed those that really created it. HRVG is a very fine organization with the worlds best viewers period.

If there is something someone disbelieves about the Guild then by all means take it to them, here, or in PM or elsewhere. If there is something someone disbelieves about me then by all means take it directly to me.

There are millions of skeptics who would gladly stand up one at time to demand their own personal requirement of truth. We have neither the time nor are we obliged to accommodate them, nor will we, or I.

What is really the issue? Is it who I am? Or is it something else?

Glenn

Reply From: gen_x To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2006-03-06

I dont have a problem with you or anyone.

Look we are all involved and interested in a subject that has its kooks, fantasist and downright cheats as well as those who are well intentioned and good. Alot of people out there are and have made claims. Im just trying to state how things look from my and other remote viewers and interested parties point of view.

This whole thread stems from this quote by Dick

“Everything published on this (The HRVG website) demonstrates that there were other programs, other methods that were quite successful and never publicly acknowledged.”

All I am saying is yes you guys have good stuff – but fior me it doesnt demonstrate another mil rv prgram. Now do I think there was more than one military RV program – possibly – it wouldbnt surprise me!

Do I think your telling the truth – posssibly – this too wouldnt surprise me!

Have I personally seen enough evidence to backup these claims – no.

And thats fine I really do understand if you dont feel you have to validate and put this stuff out there. But at the same time you have to be aware that peole like me arent fully convinced – yet- as i said a lot of people have made a olot of claims.

Im not trying to get at you guys – as far as I can see your doing good work, you have a good methods, and your very organised. I’m not trying to discredit you or be personal – im just tring to show you how it looks from this side of the fence.

Ive spent the last year looking thru the entire Stargate archives and putting alot of this online aswell as talking to people behind the scenes building up a hsitorical picture and idea of Rv development over the last thirty or so years – its just something im interested in. So Im just trying to let you know a point of view.

I guess it comes down to point of view – you say youve proved this second military Rv unit and participation with the stuff on the HRVG website – I say im not convinced – interested yeah! but not convinced – yet!

Carl Sagan said it best: “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”

I do not mean to offend – and hope you dont take it so.

All the best…

daz smith

I didn’t start the thread

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: gen_x 2006-03-06

Let me first respond to this:

Daz wrote:

“This whole thread stems from this quote by Dick

“Everything published on this (The HRVG website) demonstrates that there were other programs, other methods that were quite successful and never publicly acknowledged.”

First a bit of nitpicking. This whole thread doesn’t stem from my quote. George started the thread and in his post stated quoted …”confirmed the existence of the CIA’s remote viewing program.”

This was an interesting post and good information. I probably should not have taken off in a new direction, because the post was the Carter Administration admitting RV. I have the same story on video tape from Senator Dan Inouye.

My response (and maybe this wasn’t the place to bring it up) was only to point out that many folks incorrectly believe there was but ONE program, the Ft. Meade program. This is not true. I’m not going to beat everyone over the head with, but I will correct it when I see it published, especially on our site.

I’m just interested- and anyone can chime in here- if you don’t think there was a another program separate and different from the Ft. Meade CRV program, then how do you account for all the data published here?

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: gen_x To: Dick Allgire 2006-03-07

Hi,
I really dont know at this stage. Maybe derived from CRV like most if not all the other methods on the net like TRV, SVR TDS – these all came from someone training with ED or the other mil trainers then making their other mthids. Each method seems to work nd be viable.
Now I dont wnat to start something here because I may be wrong or quoting wrong – i will have to check my old emails – but I remember a discussion that mentioned one of the HRVG founders having had TRv training – again I may be miss quoting this!

I know what you guys are saying, I can see your methods and results, and have seen the military records, but its still nothing tangible. Im not trtying to argue and cause any problems im genuinely interested in the entire Rv history thing, and Im not conviced yet where I can place ypou guys – and if im not convinced then there will be others.

but this is fine – if youre fine with this – then lets drop it and move on – i just wanted to share my thoughts – as I said I mean no offence here!

Can we or are there more details of the ‘other’ program available like names, where, who – I mean if the Staragate stuff was allowed to come out can detail of another military program – or is it all bound by the confidentiality agreements.

In the end all this doesnt really matter of course – you guys have a method, you can view and you are sharing material which is all good!

All the best…

Daz

Living the Field

Reply From: jimmy To: gen_x 2006-03-07

Hello Daz,

I received an Email today; that the “Living the Field” folks are presenting a Living the Field conference in London on 18th and 19th March, featuring Dr. Hal Puthoff and others. If you attend; ‘would appreciate’ – feedback and your thoughts on the event.

It seems, ‘declassified government files’ – can create more questions; than, it can provide answers, for us. The file, “Teleportation Physics Study”, by: Eric W. Davis; (Special report, approved for Public release, around August 2004), on Page 62 – “There are numerous supporters within the U.S. military estalishment who comprehend the significance of the remote viewing and PK phenomenon, and believe that they could have strategic implications. Bremseth (2001), a U.S. Navy SEAL, attended the Marine War College and studied the Remote Viewing program, and interviewed many of the former program participants. Bremseth then wrote his thesis on the topic, and concluded that the evidence supported continued research and applications of remote viewing.”

Note: This Special Report is approximately 75 pages, and on Page 55 – “PK phenomenon was also explored in the Remote Viewing Program.” (Chapter 5.0 p-Teleportation) …

This Report was made available by – “Federation of American Scientists”, www.fas.org/main/home.jsp

FAS was founded by members of the Manhattan Project. I clicked on > Search, on their web page. This brings up Search >> Google and I put – Teleportation, in the (Search fas.org). This will take you to “Teleportation Physics Study”; www.rainbowventures.net/wwwboard/

By > Dr. Joe Gallenberger
and posted by > Jorge Lopez, on August 27, 2005 — PK & Teleportation …

It seems, ‘Remote Viewing’, with its; ‘recently declassified government files’, will continue to be a wealth of search-information…

jimmy

HRVG is not CRV

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: jimmy 2006-03-08

Gen,

Before anyone gets the wrong idea from your comments there is no basis to state that our methodology is a derivitive of CRV. It is not. HRVG methodology was engineered using a reporting format found in any Army Communications CEOI. Within the CEOI is a message format titled “Salute”. It is the format used to report information gathered in reconassiance activities.

The format was selected because it is the normal reporting format to report Intelligence. The analysts working with Dr. Ireland tailored the methodology to conform to the reporting format for “Salute” …Size …Activity …Location …Unit …Time …Equipment.

In the HRVG library members have access to all the available Remote Viewing instructional materials including TRV, SRV, TDS, CRV, and other materials less known like the materials published by Mott in 1996. I have always encouraged HRVG members to read everything, take all available instruction; be the most educated Remote Viewer possible. There is no guilt by association here. HRVG methodology is unique in comparison to CRV and all those that have adapted it and market it.

Glenn

Reply From: gen_x To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2006-03-08

Jimmy and Glenn,

I thank you for your comments.

Gen_X

Jimmy thanx

Reply From: gen_x To: gen_x 2006-03-08

Jimmy,
thanx for the links – I found a very interesting Psi teleportation document.
thanx for sharing.

daz

Yes… President Carter Was Aware of The RV Program

Reply From: A. Edward Moch To: gen_x 2006-03-16

In regards to the GQ Interview of Former President James Carter, it is sort of a known factoid from years ago.

One of about “14” RV lab sites where various RV Applications were being evaluated was “The Monroe Institute”. Dr. Rober Monroe’s interest in Parapsychology and Psychical Reseach was a spin off so to speak, of his involvement in “Media Dynamics”.
Dr. Monroe would sort of be the man who put the “Spin” in the word “Spin Doctor” in White House Public Relations.

The good relationship between Dr. Monroe and Col. Fredrick “Skip” Atwater would help to develop some of the “U.S Army Military Applications” set in stone at Fort Meade.
It is noted by me, others, and as well as here at HRVG that not all the RV applications all originated from Fort Meade… nor were spinoff’s of the CRV method.

Because Dr. Monroe had close ties to The White House, and a number of Presidental Administrations over the years through “Media Dynamics” and his so called media specialists or “Spin Doctor’s”, it is possible that this is where President Carter got much of the poop on RV.

As luck would have it, “Skip” would later meet and marry Dr. Monroe’s daughter, and I would meet one of the media specialists, and marry his daughter.

As Always;

A. Edward Moch

Scroll to Top