Send Dick some good thoughts!

Send Dick some good thoughts!

Aloha All,

For those of you not on our little Island, and those of you here who haven’t heard, Dick was struck in the water by an errant surfer. Dick pretty much took the strike point blank to the chest by a surfboard going about 30 mph. He is released from the hospital to his home but is by no means ok. Surving such a strike is a miracle of sorts as drowning usually occurs quikly afterward. It is amazing that he is still with us and is probably a result of his excellent health and the quick actions of his rescuers. So give a few good thoughts out his way and drop him a line or two of well wishes.

Get better soon Dick!

Best Regards … Glenn

Re: Send Dick some good thoughts!

Reply From: VSW To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2004-08-23

Whoa!!

Thanks for the update Glenn…. All the best heading your way Dick, you’re in all of our thoughts. My family here in Tampa Bay, and my relatives south of here were incredibly fortunate recently in the face of hurricane ‘charley’; Real lucky. Best wishes to anyone affected by that storm, and get better Dick !!

VSW

Aloha All,

For those of you not on our little Island, and those of you here who haven’t heard, Dick was struck in the water by an errant surfer. Dick pretty much took the strike point blank to the chest by a surfboard going about 30 mph. He is released from the hospital to his home but is by no means ok. Surving such a strike is a miracle of sorts as drowning usually occurs quikly afterward. It is amazing that he is still with us and is probably a result of his excellent health and the quick actions of his rescuers. So give a few good thoughts out his way and drop him a line or two of well wishes.

Get better soon Dick! Best Regards … Glenn

Reply From: John Morrison To: VSW 2004-08-23

Whoa!! Thanks for the update Glenn…. All the best heading your way Dick, you’re in all of our thoughts. My family here in Tampa Bay, and my relatives south of here were incredibly fortunate recently in the face of hurricane ‘charley’; Real lucky. Best wishes to anyone affected by that storm, and get better Dick !!

VSW

Will be sending some Reiki for Dick. Strange how things occur? We’ve got Great Whites mistaking divers

for seals off NW California coast…recently.

Just read the post pm 8/23/04.

Aloha and emergency. Dick is a survivor!

All the best to HRVG!

Johnm

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2004-08-23

Follow-up X-Rays show I in fact have a broken rib and trauma damage to my left lung. I’m coughing up blood. I was probably hit in the luckiest spot- a few inches higher I might not be here.

The impact was terrible. An off duty lifeguard happened to be paddling out to that spot and got to me moments after I was hit. I was totally incapacitated and had to be towed in by lifeguard jetski and transported to hospital by ambulance. I will have to track down all who got me in and thank them.

And I thank Debra for the healing touch. (That really works.)

I remember after I caught one wave "that voice" said to me, "PADDLE IN." I thought, why would I do that? I just got here, my pal Sonny is on the way out, it’s a beautiful day, and only caught one wave?? But the voice said "GO IN NOW."

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: RJB To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-24

Hi Dick,

You are in my thoughts, and please rest and recover. I think I speak for many people in saying that we are all there for you, and pulling for you. I am confident you will recover in time, as you simply have so much more to do in life.

— Rich

Follow-up X-Rays show I in fact have a broken rib and trauma damage to my left lung. I’m coughing up blood. I was probably hit in the luckiest spot- a few inches higher I might not be here.

The impact was terrible. An off duty lifeguard happened to be paddling out to that spot and got to me moments after I was hit. I was totally incapacitated and had to be towed in by lifeguard jetski and transported to hospital by ambulance. I will have to track down all who got me in and thank them.

I remember after I caught one wave "that voice" said to me, "PADDLE IN." I thought, why would I do that? I just got here, my pal Sonny is on the way out, it’s a beautiful day, and only caught one wave?? But the voice said "GO IN NOW."

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: Jan Pilgenröder To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-24

Hi Dick,

it’s good to see you are being able to post here :-)

All the best wishes from Germany. Get well soon.

Jan.

Reply From: Fred Gunn To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2004-08-24

Aloha Dick,

Dude, you survived that? Glad to hear you’re alive and sending you some remote healing, brah.

Peace,

Fred

Aloha All,

Get better soon Dick! Best Regards … Glenn

Reply From: joanie To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-24

Dick –

Every year my friend has a YULE NEVER LEARN party at Yuletide season.

Amen to meaningful perceptions at such moments and all our moments…this is what comes naturally and spontaneously to those who are open…as we all know.

My prayers are with you for all you need and all that heals ~~~

God and Goddess love ya ~~~

Joanie

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: Dude To: Fred Gunn 2004-08-25

Aloha Dick,

Dude, you survived that? Glad to hear you’re alive and sending you some remote healing, brah.

Peace,

Fred

Hey Dick,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. I join with Fred, in sending you some of our remote healing.
Peace
Rob McKinney

Reply From: jimmy To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-25

Many healing wishes, from Oklahoma. Thoughts

in pain are difficult to still. But, a quote from –
Rabindranath Tagore, comes to mind now – And, in
our spiritual growth – " Let me not pray to be
sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in
facing them.

Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain,

but for the heart to conquer it. "
We know your heart is strong and your faith is
great, we just, would like to add our humble
blessings – to your swift recovery …
Get well soon Dick – jimmy

PS … was there any out-of-body experiences,

as a result of the trauma … LOL

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: J.P. To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-25

Dick,

When I heard of your little accident, I just knew you would be back in action in no time! My intuition was telling me, you’re too strong a guy to let this side-track you. Besides, I also know, that of all the different seasons, the Fall is when all your strength comes to you. :-)

Hang in there buddy. And get back on that surfboard as soon as possible.

JP

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: Anela To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-25

I didn’t listen.

That voice would be a lot easier to listen to if it offered nice logical reasons for doing something instead of mysterious directives. :)

Get well soon Dick. :)

Reply From: JB from Az To: Dick Allgire 2004-08-26

I hope you feel better and your recovery is a quick one.

Get well soon,

JB

I didn’t listen.

Reply From: A. Edward Moch To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2004-08-27

Hello Dick;

Feel better… heal fast and well

Best Regards;

Al

Reply From: Eric To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2004-08-28

Dick,

I hope you have a quick recovery, and it’s good to hear that things aren’t nearly as bad as they could have been.

Eric

Re: Some good thoughts, Anela!

Reply From: jimmy To: Anela 2004-08-29

Some good thoughts, Anela

Another thought we might add, is complacent. Many people go around in an unreflective way and without being aware of possible dangers.

But, this reminds me of another, Question? Does –

Intuition + Intent = Fate?

I will relate an experience, to help clarify the – Question. It is a cold January morning. The first morning, of this year, that I put on the long underwear. It was just a feeling, that it would be a good idea to wear them, today.

I notice, the Police Officer is walking toward me, again. Probably wants to question me, some more. Two fire trucks are here and one of the Firemen says, " It looks like blood here. "

The Policeman stops and looks me in the eye. He tells me, " They are telling a different story! " This is not good odds – There is three of them and one of me.

Two weeks previous, I had a feeling. It was just a thought, that I should be more cautious, before entering an intersection. At first, I thought it was being to precautious, to be taken serious. But, it was a warning and I began entering crossroads cautiously.

This morning, I am stopped at a traffic light. As, it turns green, I remember my warning and smile, before I look both ways. I start forward and in my perpheral vision, detect movement. I apply the brakes; as, I look to the left. A vehicle is about 30 feet, from my driver’s side door.

I receive an impression, that this is just a game, to this driver. I then, get a smack-jolt and this driver’s intent, fills me quickly with anger. I pause for a moment and calm down. I look out the side window and notice, the red fluid leaking from the radiator. And, it looks like blood flowing across the road.

LOL … jimmy

PS … I know now –

Intuition + Complacency = Dangerous!

>

That voice would be a lot easier to listen to if it offered nice logical reasons for doing something instead of mysterious directives. :)

Get well soon Dick. :)

Scroll to Top