Spoon bending and the magic hand

JP brough up a good idea about trying to get behind the scenes and checking out the magic books and websites. It would be an interesting to see how they do it.
Here are some websites or go to www.ask.com and type in Magic acts and spoon bending.

Most magic tricks rely on specially prepared materials, in this case a special spoon desinged for that purpose. BUT can they bend on of mine.

Websites
28k – 4 sec @ 56k Re: Bending Spoons — Paranormal Secrets

What I find curious is that I have seen film of Geller bending a spoon but using none of the fake tricks involved. How is that explained?
www.voy.com/87504/47.html
spoon bending — Paranormal Secrets

… i am still studying uri geller and the paranormal. i still believe in uri as a gifted psychic and his spoon bending.
www.voy.com/87504/120.html
More Results from www.voy.com
Proceedings of the Athanasius Kircher Society > The Secrets of …

The Secrets of Spoon Bending and Phonebook Tearing … Theress a spoon bending gaff you can buy in any magic shop, but apparently Geller …
www.kirchersociety.org/blog/?p=523
72k – 10 sec @ 56k Spoon Bending

Quantum physics is now discovering something our ancestors took for granted–the ability of the human mind to shape and shift their surroundings.
www.spiritweavers.com/spoonbending.html www.spiritweavers.com/spoonbending.html
Mentalism — Spoon Bending (Mallusionist)

Mentalism, Spoon Bending: The real secrets of the worst magic, and the worst secrets of real magicians. Be prepared to mystify yourself.
www.mallusionist.com/mentalism/spoon-bending.shtml www.mallusionist.com/mentalism/spoon-bending.shtml
Telekinesis

Spoon Bending Exercise Three First and foremost find an inexpensive quality spoon and test its resistance … This is my favorite spoon …
home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers/Telekinesis.html
PSYCHIC SPOON

TRY BENDING THE PSYCHIC SPOON! IT’S GUARANTEED TO BEND! PSYCHOKINESIS IS DEMONSTRATED! … * Silicone spoon allows anyone to bend it.
www.claytonbailey.com/psychicspoon.htm www.claytonbailey.com/psychicspoon.htm
Spoon bending trick – Party Tricks – AOL Show Me

Do the spoon-bending skills of Uri Geller have you reaching for the cutlery drawer? Well, your dreams have come true.
www.aolshowme.co.uk/clip/7057/view/spoon-bending-trick www.aolshowme.co.uk/clip/7057/view/spoon-bending-trick
Telekinesis

… objects using the mind’s energies, such as bending a spoon, or key, by just holding it and focusing.
www.crystalinks.com/telekinesis.html
Free magic tricks revealed, learn to do easy magic tricks and

Magic Mind Bending Secrets To Stretch Your Imagination … answers and secrets to closely guarded magic secrets, impromptu card tricks and …
www.free-card-tricks.net/
Sponsored Results Secret Spoon Sweets
Chocolate, strawberries, cookies, brownies, truffles & gourmet cakes.
www.SecretSpoon.com
Spoon bending secrets
Browse Famous Psychics Advice. Find – Spoon bending secrets
www.famouspsychic.net
Banachek – Metal Bending
Visually bend silverware at will. This really works. Fast shipping.
www.ellusionist.com/Bend
Take the Ask.com search engine with you. Download our Toolbar.
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >

What’s your take on spoon bending?

Reply From: Fortune To: Robert 2007-06-19

What do you and others think ? I went to one of those bending parties at a conference and everyone yelling bend bend i couldnt help but wonder how much wishing wanting and leaning on the utensils was involved rather than pk. I have seen evidence that leads me to think pk IS possible but not at that pk party.

An example of how people at such can be sheep was the fact that there was standing room only. The folks were lined up around the back two deep and i noticed you couldnt even cop a lean against a wall. So i see there is a large expanse of floor space in front of the piles of silverware and seems logical to me as a paying guest that is prime sitting room and i plop my bowhind down to sit and listen to jack h talk. You could sense the herd mind going oh no one of herd is making independent step will the wolf see and eat them now? Ater about 20 minutes i think a couple more sheep were convinced it was safe and sat also. That made me think how easily those in the group suspend individual critical judgement in a group setting to see and believe ?

so what’s your own experience bending spoons and any thoughts then on how its done?

Reply From: Fortune To: Robert 2007-10-04

So with the spoon bending party at the conference ..i will take pictures of anyones bent spoons if they like. But.. Doesnt it seem there should be some measure of softness of spoons or some, i dont know, objective measure of pressure needed to bend various silverware? Like a same brand, some test or something to majke results more meaningful? It seems so subjective to leave it up to the bender to know or relate whether it was pk or elbowgrease applied and to what extent. The only bending i woukld regard validated to likely be not mechanical force would be the thick rodfs one cant bend when tried by strength alone. I remember before they had ywo piles of sopoons/forks one softer easy ones to begin with then another pile of sturdier ones and later a few of the thick rods. I rummaged through the piles looking for at least a couple decent utensils to take home for my ten bucks entry fee. Some of the soft ones were of the cheap variety than get bent trying to scoop icecream. Didnt find much worth poceting in the firmer group, sigh. i leaned towards mass hypnosis theory with all the yelling BEND BEND

Reply From: J.P. To: Fortune 2007-10-05

I had the great good luck to go to a Jack Houck spoonbending party. This was not at the conference but at another location in Southern Cal. His parties are pretty much the same all over. The have the people yell bend and you try to bend your spoon….. the whole thing is a total farce (no kidding) :(

I would avoid these parties, they are fun to go to, but don’t expect to learn anything from them. The mass hynosis thing might “float” but then again…. the way he run’s them is more of a joke. It’s not that I dislike Jack…. but dang these parties promise too much and deliver so little.

I DO believe spoon’s can be bent with the power of the mind….but these spoon bending parties are not the place to get it done.

Good luck with anyone who wishes to go…. I would love to see your report’s!

What get’s me, is even with all this terrible feedback from folks who go, Jack still gives these parties and many times they are packed. He’s been doing this for year’s and year’s and he’ll probably be making money until he passes on. What a great gig…. I wish I had thought of it first…lol!!

J.P.

Reply From: Fortune To: J.P. 2007-10-06

Yes it was Jack who ran the one i went to. People are curious and they will pay ten bucks or so for the entertainment and novelty. I am curious if Lyn Buchcanan will do things any differently. I enjoy Lyn’s downhomey f-em if they cant take a joke delivery, how he dosen’t care if his opinions or take on things correspond to “established” versions.(tho i dont always agree with either) He was open and encouraging to me early on saying he loved to get a hold of Morehouse students because he knew they got a rigorous by the book crv training and although we differ on the need fior a monitor, he was the only one doing ERv as a serious method for accuracy. So i am curious if he approaches the spoon twisting any differently.

i as its done its “for enertainment only’ in that its too totally subjective,

I am nowdays prone to use a flexible bastardized combo of crv-erv as the tasking and situation seems to call for. I want to add HRVG to my tool box because i want to see to what extent i can develop my skills. I am hoping after Dicks presentation at conference there will be enough eager folks wanting to do an online training to have it happpen.

If theres ever a HI based training intensive I’d try to swim over if need be to learn the method. You guys are lucky to have an ongoing classroom situation with Glenn. i think he is pushing the rv envelop and although i tell him he makes my brain itch trying to grok what he is saying – i think its worth it. i always want the best, if i can get it, Grin.

Aloha All…

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Fortune 2007-10-07

I have always been fascinated by the prospect of telekinesis and from time to time over the last 40 years or so dedicated a great deal of time playing with it. Whether a force of mind or an anomaly of proximity fields it nevertheless has its allure. Like a few of you I also attended a Jack Houk demonstration and did find it entertaining. I remember General Stubblebine’s statement regarding a pile of bent silverware at Fort Bragg to selected Intel people he had come to visit. He said it is not really about bending the metal but more the realization that if I can do this with my mind then what else can I do? It was always about potentials and not about a mind assisted bend to the fork tines. At Hrvg every now and then we will make a batch of small propellers on needles and play with mind wrestling. I cannot think of anyone who has participated that did not walk away knowing something had happened. While not exactly explainable it dose stimulate potentials of thought, or in thought.

If there is but a single fork or spoon that indeed bent on its own as a result of mind stimulus then it is true. I have seen that spoon and know it exists. In knowing of its existence I realize that potential as a truth. A small truth, not really even that impressive as a feat of mind strength or physical strength, but a truth nonetheless and leaves one with its potential possibilities.

Glenn

Reply From: J.P. To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2007-10-07

In the middle of all this spoonbending discussion… the only thing that would really matter, to me anyhow when I think it about it, is:

What are the 5 easy step’s to bending a spoon?

(and these step’s would be something anybody could perform, which would probably take much practice… but in the end… the spoon would bend).

I doubt you’ll ever see this information given out. But I do believe SOME people know it.

Now if we could just figure out…. exactly how to get it done.

J.P.

P.S.
I forgot to add up above I also took a spoonbending course by James Twyman, who had the ability to bend spoon’s bestowed on him by a special person (from what I know of the story). He tried to teach other’s in an online course…. but he got the same result’s as Jack…. very few if any bend the spoon’s. But I do believe James can bend spoon’s, but then again… how many are lucky enough to have this ability bestowed on them?…… and so it goes.

I also agree with Glenn’s post…. once you bend a spoon, the first thing you should ask is “what else can I do with this ability”… bending the spoon’s only the beginning.

Reply From: Fortune To: J.P. 2007-10-08

That’s why i would like to see some way of validating when a spoon is bend by the mind and some protocol; that would ensure only psi is at work. It would probably need to be one that couldnt be bent by muscle alone. I am pretty sure pk can have an effect on objects but the sopoon bending as its done doesnt have any objective way of measureing when that happens.

Glenn if you all spin enough properllers we will have our new free energy source, mind-mills. Grin

Reply From: J.P. To: Fortune 2007-10-08

Fortune,
I agree protocal’s would be nice, but knowing how the military does things, I would bet anything that fall’s under the “spoon bending” category would probably still be classified, which mean’s we’ll never see it in the public domain.

It would be nice if someone else could put together some protocal’s but they would probably charge huge sum’s of money to learn them.

Here are those propeller things on needles just in case anyone wishes to see how your mind can move solid objects:

www.abcinfo.com/engwhlx.htm

Reply From: Fortune To: J.P. 2007-10-25

Report from conference spoon bending…when Lyn said nobody was leaving without a bend spoon, after no luck followed by more no luck at it. I stomped on mine. Technique place spoon at inclined angle, place forefoot on handle and push til enough bent to stomp vigorously.No yelling Bend! required. I didnt say i used my mind, just my foot.

Reply From: J.P. To: Fortune 2007-10-25

Fortune,
What you did when you bent your spoon (using physical force instead of “mind force”) is what 99% of the people do at spoonbending parties, including the one I went to. I have yet to see in person anyone bend a spoon with their minds, but of course you hear plenty of second hand stories about how folks did…. and so it goes….lol.

P.S.
There’s a new program on Wed. night at 8pm called Phenomenon that has mentalists compete against each other, this will be a weekly show. Uri Geller is one of the judges. They didn’t have spoon benders on this show, but I would imagine in the future they will. The illusions they did were quite good….you should tune in… I would bet in time they’ll also do some remote viewing.

Reply From: Fortune To: J.P. 2007-10-26

If i saw someone just holding by the handle i’d think it more likely psi or mind not muscle. Mostly people looked like the were leaning on them to bend. I think Lyn got some tough spoons this time. I playfully twisted one at dinner that was softer. I would have rather done the outbounder target than this “event” or practiced map dowsing or some hands on.

Fortune

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Fortune 2007-10-27

Aloha Fortune,

Spoons and Frogs…. Sometime you have to kiss a heap ‘O frogs to find the Prince. I am sure that Spoon is out there….somewhere.

Glenn

Reply From: Fortune To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2007-10-28

Maybe if i kiss enough princes i’ll find it.

spooning frogs

Reply From: Tamra To: Fortune 2007-10-28

Spooning with a prince sounds nice (said with a frog in my throat… which of course is better than being a little horse).

At the conference, I made a belt of bent spoons — one for every bent frog I ever kissed. The special ops frogs were the most bent of all … great kissers, but too bent for proper spooning.

Reply From: Fortune To: Tamra 2007-10-30

In 1972 and 73 i tried a number of psi experiments enlisting some witnesses most of them thinking i was full of hooey, so i could validate for myself any results were’t my imagination. A PK experiment i attempted was to “levitate” or move a pack of Kool cigarettes in my Venice Beach apartment. In order to prevent some mass hallucination (no we werent smoking the vegitation) i sat the four witnesses down, laid the pack on a coffee table and drew an outline around the pack with a marker pen. Then i announced i would not smoke a cig until i moved at least part of that pack outside the line. Inspired by a book i’d read on russian pk, i held my hands above the kools and tried every mental way i could to lift push pull, to not try, to concentrate. By the second hour of this my friends were getting bored and i was beginning to regret my vow not to smoke til i moved the pack. I even tried to pk a cig out of the pack. About the time i felt a nicotine fit conming on and saving face didnt seem an option, the air felt different when i passed my hand over the pack denser some how, almost like it was thicker and i concentrated on tugging the phantom pack abiout 6 inches above the real one. It felt like there was a certain stickiness to it a resistence of some sort in an area corresponding to the pack in the air above it. I wanted a smoke and the pack had to move, I concen, like physical work too.i concen trated in an effort that felt like work and almost felt like invisible pack was beginning to stick to my hand as i passsed across it so i tried to pull it off the mark. Finally it a playfully desperate intense effort when i passed my hand over and it seemed to cling i jerked with all the mental force i could muster. Before the phantom pack released from my hand above it jerked and moved one inch or move out of the left top cornor of the out line and stopped.One witness screamed one ran into the other room, i admitt i screamed too startled. I carefully took a smoke from the pack exhausted tired like i’d been lifting weights. I knew then pk was possible but i knew it wasnt exactly an easy way to move anything for the energy expended.On the plus side the gal who ran out of the room brought back all the stuff she’d borrowed and had never returned. I dont tell folks about this because people tend to just say prove it and i dont feel a need to, i did what i set out and that was to prove it to myself.

Reply From: J.P. To: Fortune 2007-11-12

I found an online spoon bender’s course, which seem’s to be very cheap, if I understand it correctly. Anyone interested might do well to check this out:

www.dailyom.com/cgi-bin/courses/courseoverview.cgi?cid=13

How its done….

Reply From: Robert To: Robert 2007-11-14

Lately there has been a TV show preforming mind bend magic and
then showing the public how its done. I am amazed at how simple the tricks, making an tank vanich, pulling a rabbit out of a hat etc really is. I have to wonder if they will ever show the spoon bending trick.
Robert

Reply From: J.P. To: Robert 2007-11-14

Robert,
The name of the show you’re talking about is “Breaking the magician’s code”, which first aired on TV 10 year’s ago in 1997, so they are a little old. There were 3 show’s I believe, which you can buy on video or DVD, in 3 volumes. I found volumes one and two on amazon.com

www.amazon.com/Breaking-Magicians-Code-~-II/dp/B000OY0RZ0

David Copperfield was very upset with these show’s since they gave away most of his trick’s (not to mention other big migician’s too).

I’ve seen all 3 part’s but can’t remember if spoonbending was in there somewhere.

J.P.

Scroll to Top