TenThousandRoads – TKR-Hate Site

TenThousandRoads – TKR-Hate Site

Dick and Glenn

I took a class from you guys several years ago. I have doe much remote viewing since but I have been reading a lot. Have either of you seen the recent attacks on you two made by Don, Eric, PJ, and other staff there?

Dennis

Re: TenThousandRoads – TKR-Hate Site

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Dennis K. 2005-08-26

Hi Dennis,

I hope you are doing well.

As for Ten Thousand Roads, I’m not registered there and I don’t read the stuff posted there. I know Glenn does, and he’ll probably say something.

Aloha,

Dick

Dick and Glenn

I took a class from you guys several years ago. I have doe much remote viewing since but I have been reading a lot. Have either of you seen the recent attacks on you two made by Don, Eric, PJ, and other staff there?

Dennis

Reply From: Mark To: Dennis K. 2005-08-26

I took a very quick look-see. The recent comments are mostly exceptions to your Ed May critique, and the usual slurs. It’s hardly worth a retort.

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Dennis K. 2005-08-26

Aloha Dennis,

I think it sort of comes with the territory. RV is a highly controversial field especially amongst the players. While they may not like my critique of the Ed May transcript, it is the way of it. I saw a bit of trying to re-posture what something meant to mean something else but it is fairly transparent. A case in point here is a question posed to Dr. May.

>morgan : do you have any advice re training? (how often, how long, what form should it ideally take)

PJ : Ed she means training to be a remote viewer.

>Dr. Ed May: Although I wish it were different, we have NO evidence at all that any training works for RV.

What is there not to understand about this statement or what it implies? Despite not liking what I had to say in regards to what the man said it was what he said. My points were clear in that critique and I stand by them. If you do not like it then pick a point and take me to task.

Glenn

Re: TenThousandRoads – TKR

Reply From: Robert To: Dennis K. 2005-08-27

Hi Dennis,

I think you are misinformed. :) I’ve been frequenting TKR, and have never seen any of what you mention. That’s not to say that there wasn’t something that you interpretted as such.

No flaming is allowed, as far as I can see. :)

TKR is a great project, for anyone who wishes to practice RV. I take it you’ve been to the RV-galleries? Fantastic :)

– Rob

Re: TenThousandRoads – TKR Hate site

Reply From: Thomas To: Robert 2005-08-27

Hello Robert,

Are you sure you are looking at the same website? Perhaps not, because what I read is pretty clearly an attack by the TKR staff on Glenn and Dick. Insults, character slurs, and insults to the membership at HRVG. This does not seem to be in keeping with what the website states as its purpose. Looks like a hate site to me, they seem to have directed their ridicule towards Prudence Calabrese in the last day or so. Nuff Said

Hi Dennis,

I think you are misinformed. :) I’ve been frequenting TKR, and have never seen any of what you mention. That’s not to say that there wasn’t something that you interpretted as such.

No flaming is allowed, as far as I can see. :)

TKR is a great project, for anyone who wishes to practice RV. I take it you’ve been to the RV-galleries? Fantastic :)

– Rob

Reply From: Rob To: Thomas 2005-08-27

Quite sure, yes. :)

For example, what you just wrote would probably be seen as a deliberate attempt at starting a flame-war.

Dennis mentioned: "recent attacks on you two made by Don, Eric, PJ, and other staff there?"

If I had seen ANY attack as ridiculous as what was stated, I would be very quick to notify the people involved. The only place where I’ve seen that kind of behaviour, was on a psi-tech chat server.

TKR’s rvtargets & rvgalleries are fantastic tools for anyone within the RV community to take advantage of. Name-calling & finger-pointing are things best left to 5 year olds. If ‘something’ was said in bad faith, lets have a link so we can judge for ourselves.

From what I have seen thus far, PJ has very high standards & has been ‘attacked’ by any number of confused, irrational people. I’m sure she could defend herself easier if all the facts were known?

So no, I’m sorry Dennis but I can’t believe you unless I can see real evidence of what was claimed. Everything that I have witnessed on TKR tells me that the opposite is happening, and that PJ & co have a lot of respect for other RV communities, including HRVG.

– Rob

Dennis/Thomas

Reply From: Rob To: Dennis K. 2005-08-27

Dennis/Thomas,

I have to conclude that what you’ve written is solely for ego purposes & has nothing to do with reality. After spending 20 min searching through TKR, the only reference I have found to Glenn or Dick is about On-Target.

www.tenthousandroads.com/wbbs/WBB.cgi

There are so many kooks out there, why bother replying to all of ’em? This was replied to by ‘PJ’ and just to thank the person who posted the link to the article @ HRVG

This modus operandi is not new. You should be ashamed of yourselves! If you were 5 year olds, at least your actions would be excusable if not justifiable.

– Rob

Re: TKR Hate site

Reply From: Thomas To: Rob 2005-08-27

Rob,

I have to conclude that you are lost, and a bit rude. Try reading the replies to the PJ post definition of tkr group chat q&a. When the Vice President here is called a sycophant and the membership referred to as a dewindling rank of wide-eyed females I think that qualifies as hateful. I don’t buy you being ignorant of this post by the staff there.

Dennis/Thomas,

I have to conclude that what you’ve written is solely for ego purposes & has nothing to do with reality. After spending 20 min searching through TKR, the only reference I have found to Glenn or Dick is about On-Target.

There are so many kooks out there, why bother replying to all of ’em? This was replied to by ‘PJ’ and just to thank the person who posted the link to the article @ HRVG

This modus operandi is not new. You should be ashamed of yourselves! If you were 5 year olds, at least your actions would be excusable if not justifiable.

– Rob

>

Re: Thomas

Sure, can you provide a link? ’cause I am lost, and don’t wish to spend 2 hours trying to find it. The TKR layout is not the most intuitive, but it works I guess.

You’re right, I didn’t ask any of the staff there to justify your accusations. Why bother them with something so trivial. As for being rude… well… I’m pretty direct, and not good on inuendo or subtlety.

Claiming that ‘TKR’ is a hate site though is a little bit overboard. As even a layman like myself had to search for nigh 20 min on the TKR forum, to find any reference to HRVG kindof disproves your little accusation!

Just because ‘someone’ at ‘sometime’ maybe said something a little bit ‘nasty’ about ‘some group’ on a publicly accessible forum, does not make that forum a ‘hate site’. I really wonder about your motivation behind driving that in.

Rob

Re: TKR Great site

Here is a topic concerning Dr May’s comments titled:
what do you think about ED mays comments?

Palyne comes across as a well-balanced person with standards.

Reply From: Mark To: Rob 2005-08-27

Rob, thanks for the calming words.

I think the recent post in question is Gene’s comments on 8/14:

I’m an active HRVG student and I think the chat with Dr. May was great. Yes Glenn disagrees with some of Ed May’s points. He feels Dr. May was unfairly critical of Courtney Brown’s contributions, Glenn feels Dr. May minimized RV Education, and he feels Dr. May’s status in this field may be over credited. These comments come from Glenn’s devotion to and stewardship of this field. One of the the TKR admins took exception to Glenn’s opinions. I don’t see the big deal here.

TKR IS a great site! And Glenn is doing some great work too. Everyone needs to move on!

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Mark 2005-08-27

Amen,

Mark somehow you escaped a promising career in the diplomatic corps. Their loss is our gain :)

Aloha Glenn

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Glenn B. Wheaton 2005-08-27

Amen,

Mark somehow you escaped a promising career in the diplomatic corps. Their loss is our gain :)

Aloha Glenn

Yes Mark brought this all back to reality… hopefully.

For those of you who don’t know Mark, we recently published his great session on the Monk Seal at Waikiki Beach, one of the finest S-3’s ever produced. And Mark is currently crunching the numbers on our Entrainment project. I must admit the math is beyond what I can comprehend.

Less bickering, please.

Aloha

Dick

Reply From: RG To: Rob 2005-08-28

Dennis:

Perhaps you would be kind enough to cut and paste some of the remarks from their Website. I don’t recollect seeing anything out of the ordinary. That said, it is likely we all have a different opinion on what is hate and what is not?(:-) Some is obvious but to someone else not so apparent.

RG

Quite sure, yes. :)

For example, what you just wrote would probably be seen as a deliberate attempt at starting a flame-war.

Dennis mentioned: "recent attacks on you two made by Don, Eric, PJ, and other staff there?"

If I had seen ANY attack as ridiculous as what was stated, I would be very quick to notify the people involved. The only place where I’ve seen that kind of behaviour, was on a psi-tech chat server.

TKR’s rvtargets & rvgalleries are fantastic tools for anyone within the RV community to take advantage of. Name-calling & finger-pointing are things best left to 5 year olds. If ‘something’ was said in bad faith, lets have a link so we can judge for ourselves.

From what I have seen thus far, PJ has very high standards & has been ‘attacked’ by any number of confused, irrational people. I’m sure she could defend herself easier if all the facts were known?

So no, I’m sorry Dennis but I can’t believe you unless I can see real evidence of what was claimed. Everything that I have witnessed on TKR tells me that the opposite is happening, and that PJ & co have a lot of respect for other RV communities, including HRVG.

– Rob

Reply From: RG To: Dick Allgire 2005-08-28

Dennis:

Perhaps you would be kind enough to cut and paste some of the remarks from their Website. I don’t recollect seeing anything out of the ordinary. That said, it is likely we all have a different opinion on what is hate and what is not?(:-) Some is obvious but to someone else not so apparent.

RG

>

Yes Mark brought this all back to reality… hopefully.

For those of you who don’t know Mark, we recently published his great session on the Monk Seal at Waikiki Beach, one of the finest S-3’s ever produced. And Mark is currently crunching the numbers on our Entrainment project. I must admit the math is beyond what I can comprehend.

Less bickering, please.

Aloha

Dick

Reply From: Eva To: Mark 2005-08-29

Thanx Mark! We do our best. We have thousands of rv related conversations and threads. Since we have rvers from just about every rv group, we sometimes have to deal with disagreements between groups that may boil over onto our site and get out of hand. Since there is no one single agreed upon way or group running the TKR site, I think we probably have to deal with a greater divergence of opinion than many other rv sites. We try to walk a line of allowing discussion without letting it get too nasty. We try to be as fair as possible, but obviously, it ain’t an easy or perfect science.

Luckily, most of the time, the whole group against group issue doesn’t even come into the picture, but once in a while it does and we try to keep the useless squabbling to a minimum when that happens while at the same time keeping the process as transparent as possible by moving flame threads to the ‘Cat Scratch Fever’ area and/or locking them down. I invite anyone who may have any questions to come and visit us at www.tenthousandroads.com (message boards for talk and galleries for targets) and see for yourself. We have hundreds of members so I guess there really is no specific ‘we.’ Each has their own opinion and members’ viewpoints of course do not always agree with those of staff and staffs’ viewpoints do not always agree with those of other staff! For instance, PJ and I have disagreed many times about many things but we don’t take it personally or get nasty about it. I think many times the divergence of experience and opinion actually adds to our strength and forces us to think harder about our opinions.

Of course it is hard for me to hear that someone is criticizing our site. No we are not perfect but we try very hard to keep it fair, invite interesting and informative chat speakers, provide a variety of target practice options, and continue to add new features to our site. I hope in the future when people criticize us, they will also keep in mind all the good things we have accomplished and all the work that has gone into all the services we provide free of charge on the backs of totally volunteer labor! ;-) Take care all,

-Eva (one of the other TKR board admins..)

TKR IS a great site! And Glenn is doing some great work too. Everyone needs to move on!

>

Scroll to Top