Thank you Glen

Thank you Glen

Aloha!

It’s been a long time since I visited here and have stopped by to say hi primarily to Glen and Dick.

In 1997 when I was a hard working student at HRVG I was asked by a friend to help solve a murder in Louisiana. By using the RV techniques taught to me by Glen, and a technique called Shamanic Journey, I apparently did a really good job. I helped the Chief of Police and his detectives apprehend the murderer and his accomplish. In April I will be filming an episode of Court TV’s Psychic Detectives; air date unkonwn to me at this time. If given the opportunity I will give credit for learning this amazing RV technique to Glen an HRVG. Thank you Glen for the teaching and to Dick for his continuing encouragement and support.
Aloha,
Banshee

Re: Thank you Glenn

Reply From: Banshee To: Banshee 2005-03-19

Apologies for the typos and misspelling of your name Glenn.

B

Re: Thank you Glen

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Banshee 2005-03-20

Aloha Banshee,

It is great news indeed. I hope you got a chance to get some of the good food back in my home state of Louisiana. It was always such a pleasure to work with you in class and on projects. You are one of the hardest working viewers I know. I suppose you are also one of the few that actually make a living at it. I don’t mean by teaching but by actual viewing. Congrats on getting the Court TV coverage and I am sure that will generate heaps more for you to do. Everyone at HRVG will be sure to tune in and catch you catching the bad guy. Aloha and best wishes from all of us!

Glenn

Re: Thank you Glenn

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Banshee 2005-03-20

ALoha Banshee,

Lol, no worries, Glen, Gren, Glenn, hey you! I answer to all of them.

Glenn

Good To Hear From You

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Banshee 2005-03-19

Hi Banshee,

You have always been a great example of natural psychic talent combined with hard work under RV structured methodology.

Let us know when we can see the coverage of this case. And good luck in all the new work this will bring.

Aloha

Dick

Shamanic Journey

Reply From: Chris To: Banshee 2005-03-19

What is Shamanic Journey the the context of hrvg methods?

I know that drumming, dancing and sleep deprivation are widespread methods used by many peoples with Shamanic traditions.

It is worth thinking about how some people actively use Psi today as an edge to just stay alive in a hunting and gathering culture such as the Amazon. The use of precognitive "viewing" to hunt animals is really very interesting, as are other examples of Psi in the Jungle. See:

pgorman.com/MakingMagic.htmu

pgorman.com/writings.htm

Aloha!

It’s been a long time since I visited here and have stopped by to say hi primarily to Glen and Dick. In 1997 when I was a hard working student at HRVG I was asked by a friend to help solve a murder in Louisiana. By using the RV techniques taught to me by Glen, and a technique called Shamanic Journey, I apparently did a really good job. I helped the Chief of Police and his detectives apprehend the murderer and his accomplish. In April I will be filming an episode of Court TV’s Psychic Detectives; air date unkonwn to me at this time. If given the opportunity I will give credit for learning this amazing RV technique to Glen an HRVG. Thank you Glen for the teaching and to Dick for his continuing encouragement and support. Aloha, Banshee

Re: Shamanic Journey

Reply From: Glenn B. Wheaton To: Chris 2005-03-21

Aloha Chris,

I have no concrete idea what Shamanic Journey actually is. It is not a practice that is part of the HRVG schoolhouse block of instruction. When we get talented people like Banshee who is a full time Psychic and train them to remote view we are often amazed at the talent they possess outside our academic paradigm. Banshee has spent a great deal of her life in pursuit of knowledge and skills that has taken her from years in India to the warm islands here in Hawaii. How one trains their own mind, regardless of method, will reflect their inner potential to excel. Success is measured by results and we have always found the value in a mind that has been trained and disciplined. It is the wielding of thought as a tool that sets stage for performance in RV. When Banshee came to us she was a very capable Psychic, she learned HRVG methodology by the numbers and mastered it easily. I assume she has added it to the library of her life’s knowledge and along with everything else continues to grow.

Aloha Glenn

Shamanic Journey

Reply From: Chris To: Banshee 2005-03-20

Hi Banshee,

What is Shamanic Journey that you refer too?

Chris Aloha!

It’s been a long time since I visited here and have stopped by to say hi primarily to Glen and Dick. In 1997 when I was a hard working student at HRVG I was asked by a friend to help solve a murder in Louisiana. By using the RV techniques taught to me by Glen, and a technique called Shamanic Journey, I apparently did a really good job. I helped the Chief of Police and his detectives apprehend the murderer and his accomplish. In April I will be filming an episode of Court TV’s Psychic Detectives; air date unkonwn to me at this time. If given the opportunity I will give credit for learning this amazing RV technique to Glen an HRVG. Thank you Glen for the teaching and to Dick for his continuing encouragement and support. Aloha, Banshee

Reply From: Banshee To: Chris 2005-03-20

Aloha Chris

I have been trained by a certified Shamanic counselor

here in Hawaii in the Michael Harner tradition from the Foundation of Shamanic Studies. They’re on the web. Trance travel induced by drumming, rattling and the like.

Banshee

Chris

Reply From: Dick Allgire To: Chris 2005-03-20

What is Shamanic Journey the the context of hrvg methods?

Having seen brief glimpses of what Glenn is capable of, I’m sure he can “journey” with the best of the shamans. But when one has to report such data to a SOF Colonel within a military chain of command it is best to not call it a “Shamanic Journey.” You have to give it military nomenclature and call it something like “S-5 Isolation.”

The monks chant “Ooohhmm” and breathe themselves into an altered state. Glenn teaches us to off-gas C02 in Priming and Push Blackboard.

Training with Glenn for the past 8 years has given me an enhanced appreciation and understanding of indigenous and ancient spiritual practices- how they are based on natural human communication skills. I understand how precognition, psychic ability, intuition, and even what is incorrectly termed “telepathy” all relate to communication between the subconscious and the primary awareness.

It is too bad (and I am not necessarily knocking shamanic journeys here) that quite a large mass of new age flapdoodle has hitched its cart to remote viewing. This IS all based on ability and practices that go back to the dawn of man. Remote viewing attempts to keep it within a rational and scientific framework.

Aloha,

Dick

Reply From: joanie To: Dick Allgire 2005-03-28

Good to see a post from Banshee – the lady who helped me get all the RVers autographs at the 2000 conference!!!

I’ve been doing shamanic journey work with the same group regularly since circa 1996 (with a year off at one time). I have been trained in the Harner method and have also studied with Larry Peters, PhD – he is American anthropologist who has been steeped in Tibetan Tamang shamanism for the past thirty years. The group is led by a holistic medical doctor who is also a SunDancer and who was trained in the Harner method (long time friends with Harner) and has also learned from the Tuvans and folks like Tenzin Rinopoche, one of her teachers. Harner seems to be primarily responsible for bringing journey work to us white folk :-). As it’s been said, shamanic journey (in all its various forms) has been practiced since time out of mind by indigenous peoples and imo is a precursor to our current day RV which helps to concretize this way of "traveling" into our 3 dimensional scientific knowledge framework – a good thing in my opinion.

In my observation, briefly, journey work focuses on non-ordinary reality in which archetypal messages dealing with the healing of the soul of a situation arise. Whereas RV focuses on ordinary reality to yield literal data that helps address the blind question. The goals of each and the methodologies are different, but they both yield results tending towards the goals suited for the practice. Just as in RV, a viewer develops personally with dispelling delusions and improving discernment, so does this happen in shamanic journey work. Self-reflection and self-vigilance is imperative.

In my experience I have found RVers to be more plagued with projection and delusion problems because they have done little personal work to accompany the practice. In shamanic journey work most people enter it with a background of or coinciding "personal work" such as "family of origin" work so they are not as prone to projection. This might also be because of the particular group I’m involved with an especially grounded in science leader – being she is a phsyician. And if web sites are any indicator, for SURE there are ARE shamanic groups of people that just like RVers thinking they know it all, get carried away with their own self-importance and a lot of gobbleedeegook. The red flags should really go up.

To add, I’ve also witnessed overlaps in the kinds of results for the two – where shamanic work can yield very accurate results for literal information (had direct experience of this working with my group in which we had to solve a puzzle of how two earrings ended up in my bags when I didn’t put them there – they got the when, where, how, why, who as well the insights into the psychological and healing aspects of the situation that gave rise to who dropped those earrings in my bags. This was a group of seven, working together.) Likewise, I’ve also had RV sessions where archetypal and psychological data that serves to help heal a situation emerges.

All very interesting – I love both, each for what they offer and each has its place in the world.

Great thread!

All Be Well and Take Care Banshee –

Joanie

Re: Shamanic Journey, finding things…."Sceptics".

Reply From: Chris To: joanie 2005-03-28

Thanks for your post. I find your ear ring experience very interesting! A truly practical application. You got something out of it. A 7 person group? Could you give us more details of exactly what happened? Were you using drums or other instruments? If drums, were you drumming on a single drum or multiple drums? What was the ear ring story?

In the work at Princeton University PEAR labs "pair bonded" persons had better results with Psi. Much better, several times better. It would be interesting to try this with shamanic drumming groups going for an RV target.

PEAR labs, at Princeton – which by the way, looks set to close after 25 years of successful experiments with Psi, is due to lack of fund support -imho they are still focused on "proof of Psi" and they cant find a practical application that people will pay for, like perhaps finding ear rings….

I’d like to share a small success story about finding something. I needed a special charger for my cell phone when I was in a strange town. Cell was my only way to communicate I had no other way, so I was quite stuck…

I went to 5 different phone and electronic shops with no luck and gotten wrong directions from local people trying to help to boot. Several wild goose chases later – the process had taken hours of time and was getting silly, and I was getting quite late, with no way to phone ahead. I decided that since all else had failed – it was time for Psi.

However…the only impression that I got was – Pizza! I tried again thinking that I must have just been hungry. I tried again But No!…Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! Heck, I thought I’d just go for it. I walked around the city until I found a Pizza shop. Exactly across the street there was a Phone shop. I went in, and right away they had my exact brand and type of phone charger that I needed. As I gave them my money, I looked over my shoulder out the only window, and there framed in view, was a giant picture of a Pizza from the Pizza shop.

Ok, so you might think it is silly. But FOUND what I needed. 5 local shops and the 7 local people that I had asked for help had been useless, even counter productive.

Another story? Ok. I lost my keys. My flight was leaving soon. No time. Big mess. The exact keys I needed, I had not seen in 3 months. Uh Oh. Looked high and low. Swearing started. Finally, time for R.V. I sat down, went through hrvg methods… The single outstanding thing I could get, was – a long, round tube. Tube? Huh? Ok, I tried again. Once more, the only thing that boomed through was a tube. So I took my drawing and went around looking for such an object. Then, I saw it. A rolled up painting. Exactly in the shape of my R.V. drawing. It was next to, pointed at…my keys!!

Ok, you may say that somewhere in my brain I knew where it was, and hrvg methods just gave me access. Great! Nothing else worked, and I made my flight, with my keys in hand. yeah! access!

I’d like to point out, that for more examples of finding things, you can go to the TRV site. Examples given there are: finding a lost cat, finding the home of a lost bunny, finding a lost ring, finding a lost medicine bottle, finding lost glasses. These examples are wonderful, you should read them.

But where to go from here? We have discovered fire for the second time in history and like children, don’t know what to do with it.

Yes, I understand that finding missing persons as on the Court T.V. is big.

But while these very sad cases are important, R.V. and Psi has so many wide practical uses!

Yet, we stay in a stupid conversation with self proclaimed "skeptics" – who do no experiments, and are almost all simply not informed of the more than 100 years of replicated, double blind, studies many done for at fine places like PEAR labs at Princeton University in N.J.

Such work has results that if applied to medicine would be deemed so important it would be unethical to withhold the "treatment" from the control subjects. Don’t take my word. Read Dr. Dean Radin. Until you have read his "Conscious Universe" book, it is hard to have a modern discussion about Psi, as he has gotten the information from key labs at reputable places and done the scientific work. He is now at the lab of Dr. Edger Mitchell, the NASA scientist who went to the Moon.

Money grubbing "skeptics" don’t seem to know about Dr. Radin, nor Nobel prize winner Brian Josephson, and his deep support of Psi. Excuse me, exactly what Nobel Prize did the "amazing Randi" win? Where is his Phd from? Which lab has he done experiments at? Consider the source. Please.

We are locked in a useless, stupid debate with people who have a very different agenda than seeking truth. They seek self promotion. At the expense of a technology that could save many lives and improve the human and world condition. And we let them go on. Shame on us.

Psi has been proven for many years, using the same standards applied to other fields such as medicine. Double blind, replicated studies done by Phd. level people at fine Universites with stronger and stronger test methods developed over 100 years, resulting in virtually the same scientific result: Psi does exist and has a strong, measurable effect. If it were a drug, it would be a blockbuster, muti-billion dollar product in the headlines all over the world, and doctors would be sued in a court of law if they did not use it in some cases.

We need to focus on practical applications such as "finding things". The most sweet revenge is success.

Any ideas?

If people would post experiences of truly "finding things" with R.V. or Psi, it would be a very well read thread.

Reply From: joanie To: Chris 2005-03-29

Chris,

Thanks for your sharing, thoughtful and provocative post – and will respond to your post in parts – this is Part 1.

I agree with your observations about skeptics and what’s happening in the labs. I don’t know how "RV" or psi is going to ever become truly legitimized in the the world of science/mainstream – although I will say this – if the DaVinci Code is the world’s leading best-ever selling novel, then SOMETHING HUGE is happening in people’s consciousness.

From my perspective as a women, I find it to be a moving towards getting in touch with the feminine within – a personal gnosis, rather than putting trust in outside institutions, a masculine value. So there is a move towards REBALANCING here of these masculine and feminine energies. That is, OTHERS in their dusty, musty labs won’t define reality for us – WE define reality based on our personal experience and the knowing of it. I feel the greatest of mystical scientists of our day are in tune with this – as you mention Radin and others – these are all the ushers and the midwives towards this rebalancing. Same as the research work that goes on here at HRVG. Once this feminine is integrated, the masculine can assert itself again to actually bring forth to the world – to create, but now in a more Balanced fashion.

But you see how we living in the "first world" are so resistant to change? Think about the resurrection of the evolution vs. creationism battles that are going on now in the United States. We’ve got people now who are insisting that the creation story of one and only one religion is the absolute literal truth and with such an extremely limiting belief system, attempt to force that belief on countless others by attempting to concretize it into the legal and institutional systems. Can we say control freaks? Those that cannot even determine the difference between a myth/story and a literal history, let alone that other peoples of the world have THEIR stories too? So there’s an educational and/or intelligence deficit going on with the flatlanders as well.

So to actually THINK for ourselves? This is a HUGE psychological contemplation as to what contributes to it all. How many children are denied by their parents to think what they think, feel what they feel, see what they see and so on, so they grow up believing that is OTHERS – authority figures (parents, teachers, TV, the President) that define all that for them. And then they spend their lives screwed up or dulled up or if lucky, rebelling against the programming. And many are breaking free now, but not without resistance from the old guard, the old "King" (as this energy would be portrayed in fairy tales in which something new and transformative is being born. And you recognize this because the King is pompous and rigid or sick or dying.) And this is where the "personal work" intersects with the psi work. When we engage in that breaking of the stranglehold to the old guard, we are part of the evolution. It becomes political as what corporation wants people to do that? See how HUGE this is?

Joanie

Re: Shamanic Journey/ Pair Bonding and Differences in approaches to targeting

Part 2

Chris writes:

In the work at Princeton University PEAR labs "pair bonded" persons had better results with Psi. Much better, several times better.

I don’t doubt it – Thanks for sharing that.

>>It would be interesting to try this with shamanic drumming groups going for an RV target.

Journey groups wouldn’t be inclined to do an RV target just for the sake of it. It’s a different mindset, a different orientation than how RVers approach targets. The decision to seek healing answers arises from out of a need/a sickness/a dis"ease" or an imbalance. Also journey work involves knowing up front what your question is – whereas in RV, one is working blind. Just some differences in approach to note here.

Joanie

Re: Shamanic Journey, finding things…

Chris writes:

I’d like to share a small success story about finding something. I needed a special charger for my cell phone when I was in a strange town. Cell was my only way to communicate I had no other way, so I was quite stuck…

I went to 5 different phone and electronic shops with no luck and gotten wrong directions from local people trying to help to boot. Several wild goose chases later – the process had taken hours of time and was getting silly, and I was getting quite late, with no way to phone ahead. I decided that since all else had failed – it was time for Psi.

However…the only impression that I got was – Pizza! I tried again thinking that I must have just been hungry. I tried again But No!…Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! Heck, I thought I’d just go for it. I walked around the city until I found a Pizza shop. Exactly across the street there was a Phone shop. I went in, and right away they had my exact brand and type of phone charger that I needed. As I gave them my money, I looked over my shoulder out the only window, and there framed in view, was a giant picture of a Pizza from the Pizza shop.

Ok, so you might think it is silly. But FOUND what I needed. 5 local shops and the 7 local people that I had asked for help had been useless, even counter productive.

Another story? Ok. I lost my keys. My flight was leaving soon. No time. Big mess. The exact keys I needed, I had not seen in 3 months. Uh Oh. Looked high and low. Swearing started. Finally, time for R.V. I sat down, went through hrvg methods… The single outstanding thing I could get, was – a long, round tube. Tube? Huh? Ok, I tried again. Once more, the only thing that boomed through was a tube. So I took my drawing and went around looking for such an object. Then, I saw it. A rolled up painting. Exactly in the shape of my R.V. drawing. It was next to, pointed at…my keys!!

Ok, you may say that somewhere in my brain I knew where it was, and hrvg methods just gave me access. Great! Nothing else worked, and I made my flight, with my keys in hand. yeah! access!

I’d like to point out, that for more examples of finding things, you can go to the TRV site. Examples given there are: finding a lost cat, finding the home of a lost bunny, finding a lost ring, finding a lost medicine bottle, finding lost glasses. These examples are wonderful, you should read them.

Part 3 –

Amen – Great Stories! How bout HUGE success stories? Someone else would have just given up. You didn’t play a passive victim to a confounding Universe. You used your RV/psi skill and determination to get what you needed. And the Universe obviously complied with you :-). (Sometimes for various reasons of its own, it doesn’t – well S*&^ happens too sometimes.)

btw…if you lose something close to home, I find the best way to find it is to pray to Saint Anthony, because this archetype/energy has so much built up around the notion of finding lost objects that your own sub seems to get a booster of help somehow, someway. Sounds superstitious, but hey – whatever works. (I grew up in a household in which whenever something was lost, my mother would announce, "OK EVERYBODY – PRAY TO SAINT ANTHONY!!! So we’d all stop what we were doing and pray, my mother praying out loud…"Ok Saint Anthony, help me find such and such…" No doubt the object would ALWAYS be found.)

I know a number of people reading this are now ROLLING their eyes. But it’s all part of the same right? Maybe the energy/archetype has nothing to do with it at all – maybe just our consciousness knows – but for tradition’s sake, I still pray to Saint Anthony. My mother found a precious ring I lost on her lawn for me last summer in that way :-)

Joanie

Thanks for your post. I find your ear ring experience very interesting! A truly practical application. You got something out of it. A 7 person group? Could you give us more details of exactly what happened? Were you using drums or other instruments? If drums, were you drumming on a single drum or multiple drums?

Chris,

Part Four –

We have a set approach based on the Harner method and I think it’s probably similar for most who practice this way. We start with smudging and a prayer circle, followed by a proposal(s) and a discussion on what we will journey on that evening. Then we call in the Helping Spirits, sing our soul songs with multiple drums/rattles, and dance our animals. After a break, we journey (to one live drum), then share our journeys with each other.

>What was the ear ring story?

I was on vacation with my sister’s family and an earring mysteriously showed up in my luggage. Nice earring too – two stones – mother of pearl and carnelian. Had NO idea how it had got there and considered leaving it behind being it was only one earring. But I said to myself, think I’ll hold onto it – who knows the other one might show up? as I thought to myself in that little "God knows what kind of mystery of the Universe THIS is, but I think I’ll play along" attitude. Little did I "know?"

I was home and about four weeks lately rifling through my pocketbook, when I found HUH? what appeared to be the matching earring! I was puzzled – did I accidentally put the earring in the pocketbook? Nope the OTHER earring is on my dresser. GEEZ – I had one earring in my luggage and the other in my pocketbook. I have the set. Now THAT IS mysterious and how the hell did that happen? (I knew I wasn’t "missing any time" or anything to account for my own doing this. :-) )

So I posed it to my shamanic group because I was troubled by it. And our group leader agreed we should journey on it. There was, however, some frontloading as my group knew I’d been on vacation with my sister’s family.

In any case, they got all kinds of messages – both literal and symbolic/psychological to help put the pieces together. Each contributed uniquely, all coming from different angles of the story.

But it turned out it what was revealed was that my youngest niece had tossed them in there as she – get this, wanted them to bring "love in my life." She didn’t feel comfortable giving me the earrings straight away and it was a way for her to kind of sneakily do this as to give me (her aunt) this gift. They described there being a young girl, described her hair, height and so on – and the hotel room, including the color of the carpet, and the circumstances under which she tossed in the earrings. I was in the shower when it happened. One "saw" an open bag and the action of a young adolescent girl, tossing something in the bag, for example. My niece, apparently didn’t have time to put them both in the same bag at the same time, as others were watching which is why she tossed one in my luggage and the other in my pocketbook.

As to exactly how my niece ACQUIRED the earrings, it seems also she might have stolen them (she was having early adolescent behavior problems) – but she took them specifically from someone who wasn’t going to miss them and it seemed okay all in all (though this too was disturbing). Still who hasn’t stolen in their life? to be quite honest.

As part of what emerged from the journey work and our subsequent discussion, we found identification of some of my nieces problems – what the root of those problems were – her stealing and her sneaky behaviors. Those I won’t go into as they are too personal. I was able to discuss the journeys with my sister and my niece has got some help now and doing much better with her life.

Did she ADMIT to putting the earrings there? No she didn’t. I think she was too embarrassed to admit it, but someday when she grows up, I’m sure she’ll be able to tell me about that.

So the whole thing started with a puzzle and then through the journey work, what emerged were all the pieces of the puzzle and it all added up – factually and psychologically. I suppose we did this work because there was in fact, some real healing work to be done.

Really quite amazing – We are often quietly astonished by all that comes out of the work. It’s very beautiful work, but we just don’t question what comes out of it too much. It seems that what is meant to be revealed IS revealed and what isn’t, isn’t. Like there are natural protections on all that. And no one defines "musts" or "shoulds" or "this is what it’s about" – it’s a different mindset…more gentle for contemplation and unfolding. Of course with shamanic work it all revolves around your relationship with the helping spirits – that’s an essential big part of it. Science doesn’t go for that –

Joanie

Successful R.V. story

Reply From: Chris To: joanie 2005-03-29

R.V. experience by G. Smith

The session I worked that Christmas was a seminal event for me. I had been TRVing for almost a year at that point when I did the session, and while I was convinced it worked and it fascinated me enough that I stayed at it, it just didn’t mean much to me really. Honestly, I think I valued the fun and friendships I had developed in PSI TECH’s online forums far more than anything I was getting from my TRV sessions themselves.

In any event, I had been informed that I was getting a special Christmas gift, and not only was it special but it was something that I would never, ever had guessed. Well of course, I was more than just a little curious, but for weeks it never occurred to me to TRV it. Then one day the idea hit me, and I did it almost as a joke, I would just TRV it! This would be the first time I had ever attempted to do a frontloaded session, meaning I started out knowing what the cue was. Although, since I did not know what the actual target was (the gift was the unknown factor), it would be more appropriately termed a "partial blind." I had been diligently TRVing for almost a year and I knew it was time to begin exploring this next level of my skill.

I did not know for certain whether I was having a great session, at the time I was working it, but I stayed in structure and did what I was supposed to do, documenting the data properly.

Well Christmas morning rolled around and my better half was there with her daughter, who had flown in to visit for the holidays, and both were anxious to show me my Christmas gift which I had not been allowed to see yet, even physicaly in its wrapped condition. Both of them knew of my TRVing skill, and they jokingly asked me if I had TRVed it and if I knew what it was. Well again, I was not at all sure that what I had was right but I sheepishly admitted that I had TRVed it and of course they wanted to know what I thought it was.

So I began to tell them the details of what I had gotten in the session. "Well it has these tubes," I told them, "big heavy metal tubes and they go together with those little push button connectors, like the paddle of my kayak does," and I broadly moved my arms about in the air describing how these big metal tubes fit together into a frame like thing.

At this point I was beginning to feel a bit like a fool as they were both starting to stare glassy eyed at me with blank looks on their faces. But being the masochist that I am, I continued my description, albeit with a lot less bravado. I then described a striped green piece of soft, cloth like material with an Indian motif woven or sewn into the fabric with wooden bars on the ends and ropes coming down into a cone shape on each end. The more I described, the more slack-jawed they both became and the more sheepish I got. So I figured I had best cut the dissertation short and I said, "So, I think it’s one of those hammock thingies that comes from the Carolinas."

They both just stood there in silence. I finally broke the silence with, "So what the heck is it?" They went out into the garage and carried into the house a rather large package without saying a single word to me. The way they were acting, I was just sure I had blown it and was glad my TRVing talk and embarrassment was over with. Well, low and behold, inside that package was a Cape Hatteras hammock and stand – the green stand which fit together exactly like I had sketched it, and the hammock itself that was stripped and had an accessory pillow with it that was embroidered with an Indian motif. I was shocked. Honest to goodness, I was just shocked.

You know, it wasn’t the fact that I had described or hit this target so well that shocked me, for I had done as well, and in some cases even better, on prior targets I had worked before. But this was different somehow for me. This wasn’t some mundane practice target on the internet or some picture out of a national geographic in an envelope. This was a real target, a practical application. I know that sounds trivial, a Christmas gift being called a practical application, but for me it was. It moved the knowledge from my head into my heart, that this stuff really worked. It excited me, intensely electrifying my being, this sudden realization that this technology not only worked, but could in fact be used for anything in the world; ANYTHING! I felt like I had just discovered an entire universe that I never knew existed. It was a Christmas gift I’ll never forget.

Scroll to Top