WHYW-EUSE letters instead of numbers

WHYW-EUSE letters instead of numbers

(Probably an entry under FAQ)

Glenn, maybe you could explain what the two sets of 4 numbers mean in relation to the target. How we come up with the 8 letters, and how the heck our subconscious is supposed to equate them with the target. That’s the hardest thing for people to understand when they are first exposed to remote viewing.

And why we use letters instead of numbers.

Thanks, Dick

Re: WHYW-EUSE letters instead of numbers SOAPBOX

Reply From: Glenn To: Dick 1998-05-01

Aloha Dick, The administrative tag for the target (target number or I.D.) is just that, an administrative tag. It is used by the targeteer to provide connectivity of the tag to the target. The viewer in understanding that to shoot the target number is really to shoot the target of concern gets a blind condition that helps in the validation process. Now it doesn’t matter if numbers or letters are used or a combination of the two. The normal target number we see about today is 8 digits IE. 6491-3284. Nothing wrong here except that there is a lot of noise in the numeric pool. The letter pool is considerably quieter. SOAPBOX ALERT!!!!! I have heard the commments that letters make you think about stuff….hmmmm numbers make me think about stuff…hell stuff makes me think about stuff. Its a no win situation when dealing with that mentality. This is a discipline not painting by numbers. Forget the rumors about letters being bad, learn to work the assoicated target I.D. regardless of what it is. That is the diference between communication as a professional or an amateur. When the smoke clears just be the one on target. There is no excuse for failure. Failure is a free trip back to the training area to start all over. When mommy wants to know why little Johnnie can’t rv, don’t let it be because letters scared him. Little Johnnie doesn’t like letters. Who told you letters were bad? And why did you believe them? So many people today look for a million reasons why they can’t do something. Don’t be one of those people. Dumbo didn’t really need the feather to fly. Numbers are a crutch for the weak minds unable to discipline themselves into accepting the reality of the minds ability to function on a level beyond that of an earthworm eating chorella. In summary train yourself to respond to intent, not numbers or letters…The target I.D. is intended to faciltate your getting on target. You shoot the tag…intending to go to the target that is represented by that tag. ALOHA Glenn

Reply From: Dick To: Glenn 1998-05-01

Hi Glenn, I noticed from your soapbox you mentioned earthworms and chlorella in the same sentence as eating.

Does that mean….. aw, nevermind.

Reply From: Martin Simmonds To: Dick 1998-05-04

Aloha Glenn.

I totally disagree with what you say about numbers and letters. What ever method is used they should just be for reference purposes. If you convey this in teaching remote viewing right from the start, then no confusion will occur.

What you are doing now IMHO is to confuse rv trainees, and causing them to think about either the numbers or letters that one uses. Thats not good for them Glenn.

I am quite prepared to discuss this further.

Martin…

Reply From: Glenn To: Martin Simmonds 1998-05-04

Aloha Martin, I am glad to see you, and hear your views. From the perspective of the Remote Viewer, numbers and letters (including punctuation) should be completely interchangeable. Since they are both tools we shud be able to accept the purpose of their use. On occasion we use both letters and numbers for the same task, I.E. 1,2,3 or A,B,C. A remote Viewer shud be able to function using an object, photo, article of clothing, number cue, letter cue etc. I think it is bad to set up blocks that inhibit our ability to function freely. The administrative tag shud not be of concern to the Viewer. Its’ the knowledge of what the tag means that is important. As you can see from the viewer performance in our sessions dept, it does not stop results. When we moved to alpha characters here in the guild it went very well. I would like to know more about why you believe letters to be inferior to numeric target identifiers. Aloha Glenn

Reply From: Martin Simmonds To: Glenn 1998-05-04

Glenn,

Look at what I wrote. I never said that numbers were better than letters, only that both have no significance. You are the one that seems to be putting a significance on one as opposed to the other not I.

Ok we can see that you are using letters. It doesnt make it better or worse. I hope you understand my point now.

Martin

Reply From: Dick To: Martin Simmonds 1998-05-04

Hi Martin, Here is my understanding of the issue. It doesn’t matter what you use to cue the target… numbers, letters, Korean Hangul, or daisy pedals. As long as the targeteer cues the target with purpose and intent, and viewer has the discipline and mental acuity to use the cue to go to the target.

In one class Glenn cued a target to a piece of music. He played the music and said, “do the protocols.” Off we went.

Having said all this, the military has been using number sets for several decades. Very good viewers (that would not include me at this point) say they can notice some interference in the collective when things are cued to numbers. Apparently the letter sets give a clearer path to the target.

Reply From: Yaana To: Martin Simmonds 1998-05-04

Hi Martin, Good to see you visiting our board :) I was a bit confused by your original statement because of the word disagree. Glenn has always taught us that the target ID is merely an administrative tag with no significance of its’ own. So your remarks and Glenn’s would agree.

Awhile back there was some upset by Joni when she discover we were using alpha target ID’s. In her emotionality she tried to make a case from a psychological perspective stating that alpha target ID’s could not work because the letters would create associations and therefor pollute the session. Obviously from our results this hypothesis is not borne out by the actuality of this protocol adjustment in action.

Whenever there is an innovation in any field there are generally three reactions: 1. cry heretic… burn them at the stake 2. hummm that sounds interesting I think I will try it and see what results I get 3. I think I will just watch till the dust settles and see who is left standing

Sadly number 1 is the most common, odd considering that the definition of heretic is free thinker and in this field more than most we train to perceive outside the box. There are not many shrinking violets in this field, so innovation should be expected. Time and published work will tell the effectiveness of any such explorations, emotional recriminations are a waste of energy in the face of proof but can influence the opinions of many before they get a chance to see the evidence.

If I misunderstood your original statement please let me know.

Aloha Yaana

Reply From: Martin Simmonds To: Yaana 1998-05-05

Aloha Yaana,

If Glenn agrees with what I was saying about there having no significance, if you use letters or numbers or whatever, then he should not have said that numerics are “noisy”. That I find a contradiction don’t you ?.

I do however respect the fact that this is an opinion of Glenn’s, it isn’t fact.

Seems to me that music is more “noisy” than numbers Glenn ? :-)

Martin

Reply From: Yaana To: Martin Simmonds 1998-05-05

… then he should not have said that numerics are “noisy”. That I find a contradiction don’t you ?.

Seems to me that music is more “noisy” than numbers Glenn ? :-)

Martin

OK, now “I see said the blind man”. We really need to put up a glossary.

Noise has to do with activity unrelated to accessing the target signiture.

The neighbor starting the lawn mower, or at a subtler level a large number of people accessing the same set of limited combinations with different target associations.

So hight activity in a pool of random numbers limited by a factor of 8 fields by 10 choices each, is potentially much noiser than a factor of 8 fields by 26 choices each or 36 choices each, which has much less traffic.

We have oddles successful sessions with target numbers as well as letters, and yes music (when the music has become the cue) this is not a make or break issue, intent is a much larger issue than the vehicle of delivery.

I personally find the alpha target id’s friendler and easier to learn, which is required with our protocols. It all may come down to personal choice but if less noise can produce more clarity, particularly for students until we have more experience, I am all for it.

Aloha Yaana

Reply From: Martin Simmonds To: Yaana 1998-05-05

I am speechless and noiseless. Wait till we get to Stage 1.

Martin…

Reply From: Gail To: Martin Simmonds 1998-05-05

Seems to me that a person will perceive through their experiences of life… whether that be music, letters, numbers, etc. The RV skill just helps you organize your experiences so that you can RV within a strict protocol framework. (IMHO)

BTW I’m TDS RV trained with basics taught to me in TRV. Talk about cross-pollinating! hehehe

RV is a skill (as we all know)… oops, I’ve got to get back to my practicing!

Have a great day!

Reply From: Dick To: Gail 1998-05-05

Hi Gail, Be sure to try some of our targets. They’re good practice!

We can thank the Hawaii Guild Targeting Committee for working hard to keep fresh targets with timely feedback up on the web.

A low ha Dick

Scroll to Top